Prologue

The clock is ticking.

A young girl sits in the dark living room, staring at the TV that's turned off, ignoring the rain hitting the earth. Her [ e / c ] eyes are blankly staring at the black TV screen, not bothering to move the strand of her [ h / c ] away from her face.

12:00 AM

Suddenly, the TV turn on itself, showing nothing but a static screen. Slowly, a figure begins to appear on the screen. The girl quickly gets up, picking up the glasses on the table before she smirks.

"Found you..."

It's a beautiful morning, the birds are chirping and the adults are out doing their morning routine. Some decide to jog around the block and some just walk around.

"Good Morning! Greetings to all! This is Morioh Radio, and your host, once again, is me, your neighbor, Kai Harada. What a refreshing morning! And I have the perfect song here to start off the day! Here's our first song of the morning."

You look up from the GameBoy you're currently playing to see a handsome young man of average build, trying to touch a turtle, even though he flinches away when the tip of his finger grazes on the turtle's shell. "Josuke." You call out, the boy's name making him look at you with his dazzling blue eyes.

"Turtles are thought to have exceptional night vision due to the unusually large number in their retinas. Turtles have color vision with a wealth of cone subtypes, with sensitivities ranging from the near-ultraviolet to red. Some land turtles have very poor abilities, which are normally found only in predators that hunt quick moving prey, but carnivorous turtles are able to move their heads quickly to snap." You explain to him.

Josuke looks at the turtle with an open mouth, "Seriously...?" He tries to touch the turtle again.

You just chuckle and rub the turtle's head with your finger, "You're such a scaredy-cat, turtle don't bite." You said.

"You really are smart, [ Name ]-senpai." He grins widely, patting your thigh.

You just flick your hair, smiling proudly, "Duh, I am." You two laugh.

"The hell are you doing, you bastard?!" You hear someone yell.

You and Josuke look up to see a delinquent from your school.

"Who do you think you are?"

Josuke looks at them, "What am I doing? Well... the turtle that lives in this pond just woke up from hibernation, so I was watching it." He grins and tries to touch the turtle again. "I don't handle turtles very well. I'm scared to even touch them." His hand is shaking and he furrows his eyebrows. "So I was thinking it's about time I got over my fear..." He shivers and pulls back his hand.

"That's not what I asked!!" The leader of the group yelled.

"Stand up, dumbass!"

You ignore them and continue playing your game console. Josuke sighs and gets up, showing his full height. The leader raises his eyebrows at Josuke.

"You're pretty tall for a first-year." He then sneers at Josuke, "But before you have the nerves to dress like that..." The leader grabs the turtle, glaring at Josuke, "You need to talk to us first!!"

Josuke back away from them nervously, "W-wait... I'm not really a fan of reptiles. They scare me!" The leader suddenly backhands Josuke.

"What the hell are you smiling at?"

You narrow your [ e / c ] eyes and put away the game console, you can see Josuke's lip bleeding, despite being slapped and not punched. Josuke bows down saying, "I'm sorry. I had no idea, Senpai."