Sleep Issues

The destroyer was standing in a plain of white empty space. Nothing was around, not even blue strings. It was a new part of the anti void. He let out a sigh. He couldn't recall the reason why he had came here, perhaps the creator's forgetfulness was starting to rub off on him.

That was when he heard someone's foot steps, hurried and rushed; running. He turned around to see the creator, a panicked look on his face as he held a hand up in the air, trying to catch the destroyer's attention. Error wasn't sure why he was here, or why he was running.

That's when he witnessed tons of bones of pinks, greens, and reds shoot through Ink from the side, causing both of their eyes to widen. Then he saw more bones shoot out from the ground, the same colors, piercing the creator, causing him to stop in his tracks. Error found himself holding his breath, he wanted to scream, he wanted to move. He watched black paint drip out of the other's mouth and from where every bone had hit. The other's worried glance was filled with terror, eye lights white spheres, as he looked down to see the bones that impaled him.

That's when the destroyer saw the other begin to turn to dust, starting slowly at the ankles. He felt a lump form in his throat. He couldn't look away from the sight in front of him. He saw the sparkling on tears forming in Ink's eyes. The creator's eye lights started to dim.

Error finally found himself gather enough composure to run to the other, anxiety and fear being all he felt. Once only a couple steps away from his lover, Ink's whole body turned to dust.

Error's eye sockets shot open and he quickly sat up in his bed, clutching his chest in fear. His breath was quick, terror showed in his eyes, and tears rolled down his cheekbones. He glanced around in panic, checking to his left to see the floor and the wall, then to his right. Relief came to him when he saw the creator sleeping next to him, facing away from him, at peace.

He tried to calm himself down, forcing himself to take deep breaths and tried to slow down his rapidly beating soul.

It was only a nightmare... He told himself as he sat there awake.

Once his breathing was under control, he wiped the tears off his face with his arm. He was glad his terror didn't wake Ink up, he didn't want to try to explain the tortures his mind had been coming up with recently. It had only started three nights ago, each nightmare consisting of the creator's death either by bones, or a ton of heavy mechanical junk falling on him, crushing his bones. The causes of death were so peculiar.

So far, Error hadn't woken up the creator after these events nor told him about them. He didn't need the creator worrying about him over silly nightmares.

He had always been used to dreamless sleep, with an actual dream every now and then. Now though, nightmares were beginning to haunt him and he wasn't sure why. He had debated on talking to Dream about it, considering how the skeleton knows a lot about this sort of thing, but Error had never gotten around to it. Maybe he should try...

He took in another shaky breath before slowly laying himself back down. He could feel the warmth of the creator to his side, which he now longed for.

Carefully, to not wake the other up, Error spooned Ink, cuddling him as close to himself as possible. He felt the other shift a little, but never wake up. Error laid there in the quiet, just enjoying the comfort of the other being near, a light yellow blush tinting his dark cheekbones. He wasn't sure what he was going to do if these nightmares continued, it was certain the creator would find out sooner or later... Then again, he still didn't want the other to notice.

As he laid there in thought and comfort, his lack of sleep forced his eye sockets closed, only allowing them to open once morning had arrived...