Flowers

It had been two days. Two days since a mostly normal morning of seeing the artist's smiling face, or cuddling together and talking. Two days since the destroyer had gotten proper sleep.

The bed only felt cold and empty now, and Error found it hard to sleep each time. He found himself constantly worrying about how Ink was doing, especially since Sci had said that no changes had appeared. It had gotten to the point where he couldn't lay in bed without tossing and turning, making him decide to resign to sleeping on the couch.

The next major change he had brought upon himself; he had started to learn the struggles of parenting two completely different skeletons...

A bit over a year ago, he never thought much about what the parents of monsters in AUs he destroyed went through. They were simple toys and prey. Now though, he wasn't sure how they managed to deal with parenting for so long.

Setting up for 1.1 and 1.2 alone was a bit of a pain. They agreed on using the one completely empty room in the house that had no purpose, finally being able to fill it. Since Error wasn't able to create anything, nor did he want to risk his safety by going out to buy stuff, he was able to convince 1.1 and help out with use of his creation. The destroyer ended up giving the kids free range when it came to what their room contained, as long as it was reasonable and 1.1 could create it with his magic.

In the end, they had two identical twin beds, one on either side of the room with different colored blankets; 1.1's bed having a blue, pink, and yellow paint splatter pattern while 1.2's had green, teal, and blue stripes. They each had their own dresser on their side of the room, and had agreed on placing a single toy bin leaning against the center wall across from the room's entrance. So far, they couldn't agree on any decorations or extra accessories for the room, making it more plain compared to other rooms in the house.

The next struggle they had, on the first day at their new home, was understanding the true concept of names.

Error ended up sitting with them at the dining room table with a book filled with name ideas for about an hour. He was relieved when they had agreed upon something each of the kids liked, and seemed reasonable. The end result was 1.1 being named Paperjam, and 1.2 being named Gradient, which was better than them being called One and Two... Like they had originally told the destroyer.

Then there was the endless rain of questions Error got from them. Some of the questions to him seemed stupid, some examples being them asking what the food served on their plates was, or why was hygiene important and what it entailed, and if they were allowed to go to other rooms in the house... Were they allowed to outside? What were the rules in their environment? What were they allowed to touch?

It was clear that they were raised like objects, and Error found the ongoing inquiry exhausting.

When they weren't bombarding him with questions, it appeared like they were attempting to cheer him up. Error couldn't figure out if it was because they felt bad since this situation was kind of their fault, or if it was just because of noticing his tiredness and sorrow. He highly doubted that they could actually care about him... Error was still a stranger to them!

Presently, Gradient was reading off jokes from a joke book he had found on a bookshelf in the house, sitting on the couch not far from where Error sat.

"'Have you ever tried to eat a clock?'"

"No, why?" The destroyer replied.

"'It's very time consuming.'"

Error let out a small snort. All of the jokes in that book were terrible, but it seemed to keep Gradient entertained, so he wasn't going to complain.