Frightening Similarities

The creator and destroyer were now back at the skeleton brother's farm house. They were in the bathroom, Error getting back into his regular clothes as the day came to a close. Meanwhile, Ink sat on the floor, staring off into space, lost in thought.

Error was putting on his blue scarf, finishing up with changing back into what he preferred, when he noticed the other still sitting there. He gave the other an odd look.

He took a seat next to the other, watching the creator's eye lights flicker constantly and change shapes while an unreadable expression remained pasted on his face. Error waved a hand in front of him.

"Hello?" He asked. "Surface to Ink... Are you there?"

With no response, the destroyer changed his tactics.

He quickly hugged the other, causing the creator to jump from surprise.

"E-Error? What the heck?!" He exclaimed.

"You we're spacing out, and words weren't working." Error replied.

"S-Sorry..."

Error gave the other a look of concern in response to the apology.

"What's got you so distracted?" The destroyer asked.

"You know that monster we fought..?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Error asked.

"There was something about them that was uncomfortably similar to me... I just couldn't place my finger on it." Ink replied.

He turned to look the other in the eyes. His eyes widened in realization.

"I've got it!" The creator exclaimed.

He quickly stood up, breaking out of the hug, and ran over to his clothing. He grabbed multiple paints that were stuffed into one of his pockets.

"Stand up for me Error, if you don't mind." Ink commanded.

Error raised and "eyebrow" and did as he was told. A few seconds later and Ink made him sit on the side of the bathtub in the room. Then he began to paint on the other like he was a canvas.

"H-hey, Ink!" Error exclaimed as the artist began his work. "What the hell are you doing?"

"You'll see." Ink replied. "Just hold still."

The process wasn't very graceful, and seemed to have more issues than expected...

The destroyer spat paint out of his mouth.

"Why'd you stick paint there?!" He shouted.

"It was an accident!" Ink shouted back. "There's a reason I told you to hold still."

A few more minutes, and the creator was done.

"There!" He exclaimed, taking a step back to admire his work. "It's perfect."

"I'm scared to ask what the hell you did to me..." Error stated.

"You saw that other skeleton's face, right?" Ink asked, searching the drawers of the bathroom for a small handheld mirror, not finding one.

"Yeah..." The destroyer replied.

"It reminded me of something- more like someone." Ink continued. "Stand up and look in the mirror real quick."

"...okay?" Error gave and unsure reply.

He stood up from where he sat, going to the mirror and sink across from the counter they had been placing their clothing on. He looked into it, and was hit with sudden surprise.