Secrets

"It's not fair!" 1.1 exclaimed from his bed, throwing the book he was reading across the room in a fit of rage.

This caused 1.2 to jump from where he sat at the table.

Presently, the hooded skeleton was messing with the strings he had learned to summon with his magic a couple days back, tying all sorts of knots and twisting the strings. The outburst from his brother made him nervous, it wasn't like him to cause such a scene.

1.1 turned his gaze to glare at his brother - and more particularly - the strings his brother was playing with.

"It's not fair that you get to learn magic while I'm stuck reading a ton of useless books!" He shouted, eye sockets narrowing in anger.

"I-I'm s-sure there's s-some reasoning to it." 1.2 stuttered in reply.

"Yeah, like what!" His brother replied.

1.2 wasn't sure if what 1.1 had said was more of a question or a comment.

"U-um... l-like h-how to create a puppy so it's brain, legs, and stomach function properly." 1.2 suggested, a nervous smile on his face.

1.1 remained silent. The other skeleton had made a valid point. He let out a sigh, anger boiling down to nothing.

"Sorry..." 1.1 mumbled.

"It's alright, really." 1.2 replied. "It must be hard..."

The other skeleton remained silent, he had no reason to speak. He slowly stood up from the bed he sat on, then walked over to where the book had landed after having hit the wall and bounced off. He picked it up without emotion and went back to the bed, sitting down, and reading the book once again after finding the page he had left off on.

1.2 couldn't help but feel bad for him, knowing all the other wanted to do was learn his magic and understand his purpose. It was hard for the hooded skeleton to watch.

𝙴𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝙽𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿

𝟷.𝟷 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊 𝚜𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍. 𝙷𝚎 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚓𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚎. 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝...

𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝟷.𝟸 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝟷.𝟷 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍, 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚜 "𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛" 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙸𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝟷.𝟸 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕...

𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚖, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝟷.𝟸. 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎, 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚍𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜, 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚣𝚎. 𝚂𝚘𝚘𝚗, 𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝟷.𝟷, 𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚙𝚑𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝟷.𝟸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚛. 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚋𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚐𝚞𝚒𝚍𝚎. 𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍, 𝚋𝚒𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝.