Your Idiot

Ink was glad that running had become easier, and he was even happier that Sci had finally given him the all clear when it came to his spine, allowing him to take off the brace for it. It made sparring a million times easier- despite the fact that he had gotten a little rusty and was a little outmatched without his trusty Broomy.

He was once again out running attacks of bones sent by Error. He wouldn't be stuck running if he could send attacks from afar...

More of the red bones came flying in, and Ink just managed to dodge them, which in return worried Error. He had been taking it pretty easy on the creator, just barely trying to challenge the other. He just hated the thought of hurting his husband due to a misinterpretation, which was the only reason he was wearing his glasses as they sparred.

Another five to seven bones; another few steps as Ink attempted to try to get closer to the other instead of running in a circle. He decided to try a sudden change in direction, cutting to the left when running towards the right before. Ink realized his mistake though when he tripped over the ground just right, falling down as an attack aimed with perfect precision came towards him.

"Shit!" Error exclaimed at the realization.

He quickly lifted up his other arm, summoning a blaster just in time to block the bones from hitting the artist. Error took a second to calm his sudden adrenaline rush before rushing over to the other, his attacks disappearing a few seconds before he got there. He kneeled down beside the other.

"You alright?" Asked the destroyer.

The creator let out a groan and pushed himself up with his arms.

"Yeah." Ink replied. "I tripped, that's all."

Error seemed to relax. Standing back up and offering his hand to the other. Ink gladly took it, allowing his husband to help him back up.

"So, you want to keep doing far distance or try something close up?" The destroyer asked, a smile returning to his face.

"We both know I'd prefer close up, but only if you don't cheat."

"Cheat? Me? Never."

Ink glared at the other, flushing lightly. Despite the fact that the reply was a joke, the creator wasn't laughing.

It didn't take long for his glare to soften. Even if he wanted to stay made at the other, his phantom soul would prevent him due to love.

"Fine." Ink replied. "But I'm counting on you not to pull anything cheap."

A confident grin crept onto the artists face, and they let go of each other's hands, taking a couple steps back. Meanwhile, the destroyer took off his glasses, placing them in his jacket pocket.

Once in position to fight, Ink came in with the first punch, Error just managing to block it.

From afar, Paperjam and Gradient walked by the area, Gradient holding a jar with a few sticks and leaves inside it in his palms. They stopped to watch their parents, noticing how evenly matched they were even with the creator having just finished his physical recovery.

"They're still sparring..." Paperjam mused. "Hasn't it been over an hour..?"

"Maybe?" Gradient questioned. "I've been too busy with us snail hunting to keep tract."

"Whatever, it doesn't matter." The small scarf wearing skeleton replied, shrugging his shoulders as he continued to watch the battle movements.

After a couple minutes, a thought came to his mind.