CHAPTER 3: STRANGER DANGER

IAN
"What the fuck just happened?" Miles gasped as he shoved his leg into his pants backward. "Did he just, like, talk to you? Without killing you?"

I was still standing in the same place where Draven left me. The dented bar of soap laying in my hands and the feel of his own lingered on my skin.

"Ian?"

I was still frozen in place.

"Damn. You've got a fat ass."

I snapped back to reality at Miles's comment, the bar of soap clattering onto the ground again as I whipped around and covered my dick again. "I hate you," I murmured.

Miles ignored my comment and dramatically pointed at the fallen bar. "You're really just asking for it at this point. I'm not picking that shit up."

I shook my head wordlessly, walking into the shower and taking my sweet time as Miles complained about me needing to hurry up. When he started asking questions I began to finish as quickly as possible.

"Did he touch your dick?" he asked curiously, "and did he seriously say 'don't drop the soap' to you? I didn't think he had a sense of humor- unless he was hinting at something else."

Miles started giggling and I rolled my eyes. "He was probably just trying to assert his dominance since I'm the new kid or whatever now."

All the guys I've seen so far have acted like wild dogs, causing a new commotion every five minutes.

Dogs always mark their territory. He wanted me to know my place.

Miles appeared behind me with an annoyed expression, "shut the hell up! He was flirting with you."

"Implying that I'll get raped if I ever bend over to pick up a bar of soap again is flirting to you?"

"Well, no," he paused. "Maybe you're right."

For some reason, I felt disappointed by his remark, but I didn't understand why.

I felt a hand slap my right ass cheek and I yelped, spinning around to give a death glare to a smirking Miles. "You do have a fat ass though."

I raised my fist. "I won't hesitate to punch you in the throat."

He raised his hands in the air as a sign of defeat, "okay, okay. Just hurry the hell up. I'm tired."

I had purposely stayed in the shower longer so that Draven would be in bed before me. I wasn't thrilled with having to face him again so soon. Just because he didn't kill me during our first interaction, didn't mean that he wouldn't during our next.

After I dried myself off and got dressed, Miles and I quietly walked down the hallway to where all the bedrooms are. At least I was quiet. Miles seemed to be a lot more social than I originally thought. I was paranoid about every little thing. The floorboards squeaking, loud snoring, Miles's mindless chatter.

When we got to the door to my room, I just stopped in front of it. I couldn't bring myself to go in.

"You'll be fine," Miles spoke softly all of a sudden as he noticed my hesitation. "I'll see you in the morning, you just have to make it for a few hours. Don't do anything to piss him off and it'll be alright."

"What pisses him off?" I asked.

"What doesn't?"

Helpful.

We said our goodbyes and he went into his room, leaving me alone in the dark hallway. My hand shakily grasped the doorknob, my breathing uneven as I pushed it open.