CHAPTER 20: FULFILLING A CRAVING [M]

IAN
I tossed and turned in my cramped bed, covering my ears with my flimsy pillow to try and block out Miles's obnoxious snoring. It didn't muffle the sound at all and I considered using it to suffocate him instead but decided against it. Maybe Draven's aggressive tendencies were rubbing off on me a little bit despite the distance between us.

"Miles!" I hissed, smacking him with the pillow. He didn't even flinch. At this point, I'd happily switch rooms to be back with Draven again and that said a lot.

I hadn't initiated any contact and neither did he. It was disappointing at first because I was hoping he'd make some kind of attempt to talk to me but he didn't. He still avoided me when he could and when he was around he would just glare in my direction the entire time. I still didn't get him at all. Not a single bit.

I fell back on the bed again and sighed, forcing myself to get some sleep. I was halfway to dreamland when I began to feel uncomfortable and it was more than just the mattress I was laying on. I slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and shrieking when Draven was standing at the foot of my bed.

The room was incredibly dark so all I could see was a silhouette of his intimidating stature. I clutched my chest and tried to calm my racing heart.

Is this it? Is he going to kill me?

"Ian," Draven's voice was deep and husky. The sound sent a shiver down my spine.

"Draven?" I croaked, crossing my arms over my middle like some kind of barrier that wouldn't do shit if he decided to murder me. If he wanted me dead then it'd be over before I could even blink.

He did that thing again. That thing where he stares at me until I'm squirming under his intense gaze and struggling to find something to say. But not this time. This time I stared right back defiantly.

Then he smiled.

All of the tension and fear in my body dissipated as he finally had a genuine, real smile across his perfect features. It had blood pumping vigorously throughout my body and he succeeded in leaving me breathless again. I couldn't find it in myself to be upset. Not when he was looking at me like that.

"Ian," he repeated, voice coming out much softer this time.

My eyes dilated when he slowly crept onto the bed, not stopping until his face was directly in front of mine with the bottom of his hips in between my legs since he was so tall. His forearms rested on each side of my face again, just like they were the day of his fight with Xavier. The reminder made me frown and remember that I was supposed to be mad at him.

But fuck was it hard to be angry with his perfect teeth on display and dark hair dipping into his dark eyes as he rested above me, lips achingly close to mine.

"Draven..." it was my turn to mimick his name as if neither of us knew any other words at all. That was all I could think when he rested his forehead against mine, eyes squeezed shut.

My arms curled around his neck without thinking about it, pulling him closer to me. He inhaled when I brought his face adjacent to my own. I glanced down at his lips as he licked them and I was already hard before he closed the gap between us.

Draven.

Everything I'd been craving since our last kiss from an entire month ago was finally soothed as he groaned into my mouth when I bucked my hips up, grinding against him. His soft lips merged with mine and it felt so good I could've cried. My tongue melted against his and I swear I saw stars.

"Mmph," I moaned when he licked a stripe under my jawline, sucking a hickey behind my ear. He didn't stop until I was covered in them.

He wanted everyone to know who he belonged to. Claiming me like a predator to its prey. I knew I'd regret it later because Xavier would be upset but I couldn't stop when his body felt so damn good against mine.