CHAPTER 10: KARMA

DRAVEN
I repeatedly stomped on the orange in front of me. The fruit exploded and juice went flying all over the room. It splattered against every surface, drenching my clothes and pissing me off even more. Once only the flattened peel remained, I finally stopped. My chest heaved as I glared at it.

"Fucking oranges," I muttered underneath my breath with a clenched jaw.

My eyes trailed over the other seven oranges I destroyed. That was my last one. The sticky sweetness was covering every inch of the room but I couldn't bring myself to sleep in Ian's instead. The thought made me even angrier but I had nothing left to break.

It hurt, remembering the disappointed look on his face when his friend said he had to leave. I could tell Ian wanted to stay. I wanted him to stay too. I slammed my foot against the smushed orange again. It hurt, and that's why I knew he had to go.

Seeing the frown on his face, seeing him wither and moan as I pinned him against the wall, seeing the look in his eyes when he looked at me, they all made me feel things. So he had to go. Plain and simple.

The steel door from the room Ian was in screeched open and my heart raced at the sound. Did he come back?

"Let me out of here, you fucktards!" a voice shrieked.

Definitely not Ian.

The sound of fists banging against the metal bounced around both rooms, annoying the hell out of me. Normally I could just yell at the other person to shut the fuck up through the air vents, but now we had connecting rooms. And I ran out of oranges.

"I'm innocent, I swear!" the guy cried, "this is against one of the amendments, I don't remember which one, but I have rights, asshole!"

I shoved my way through the wall as the person's voice annoyed me even more as he went on. There are twenty-seven amendments and none of them give you the right to-

It was Chris.

Chris, the same guy who hurt Ian. Who blamed him for his rape attempt.

A growl tore through my throat, startling Chris who turned around with an annoyed 'what' before realizing it was me. His eyes widened in fear and I loved the satisfaction it gave me.

He's afraid. Good.

It took two strides and I was already plucking him off the ground, throwing him on the ground. I was going to take my time with this one.

"W-woah, man!" Chris stuttered, "I'm sorry, I'll shut up!"

Ignoring him, I bent down and grabbed his knee. He was frozen in place as he could only watch whatever I chose to do next. He didn't dare fight back. He knew he didn't stand a chance.

I gripped his calf in the other hand, forcing his leg to bend in the opposite direction as he screamed.

"W-what the h-hell! Why?!" he cried, trying to push back away from me this time but I grabbed his other leg, doing the same and reveling in the cracking noise it made.

"Why?" I scoffed, "karma."

Chris sobbed as I kicked him onto his stomach and ripped his arm out of it's socket. The sound of his unsteady, rapid breathing filled the room other than his cries of agony.

"What did I do to you?" he wept, attempting to struggle against my hold but he just looked like a fish out of water flopping around on a table.

"You hurt Ian," I hissed at him, tempted to snap his neck next.

He withered in fear, but I didn't like it as much as when Ian was withering against me in pleasure. I wanted him here so we could finish our moment, even if we just kissed some more. The feeling of his frail body against my bigger one was euphoric. I wanted to hear him gasping and whining as I kissed his neck. Now wasn't the time to think about that, I had a job to finish.

"Ian? Why would you give a shit about that faggot?"

I growled, grabbing his hair and using it to smash his face into the ground, "call him that again and I'll rip your fucking teeth out!"

He whimpered when I flipped him around again so that he was laying on his back. "Normally, I would hurt you the way you hurt him, but I'm not a filthy rapist and you disgust me."

Wrapping my hands around his throat, I squeezed. Not enough to kill him, but enough to make him wish I would.

"Nobody touches him. If they do, I'll kill them," I spat, my hold on him tightening.

Chris's eyes rolled into the back of his head, his body going limp. I wanted to hold on longer but the memory of Ian asking me not to kill anybody popped back into my head.

"I'll kill him."

"What?!"

"I said I'll kill him."

"No, I heard you."

"You don't want me to?"

"I don't like violence."

At first, I couldn't comprehend why he wouldn't want the man who tried to rape him dead. I wasn't the victim and I wanted him dead immediately. But now, I started to understand why Ian was so pure.

I looked at the pool of blood around us, Chris's ligaments bent out of place, his bones ripped out of their sockets, and the sight that once gave me pleasure made me feel sick.

I let go of his neck and his head hit the ground with a plop as he desperately breathed in oxygen. He tried to speak but only choking sounds could escape his chapped lips. His face was red from blood mixed with crying and his neck had my handprints on it that would surely form into a nasty looking bruise tomorrow.

And I felt bad.

I felt so bad that I wanted to take it all, well, not all back, but most of it. I could've given him a lighter beating, one that others would consider normal. This is what I considered normal. But if Ian were here, if Ian were here to see the blood and the tears and the screaming, he would be disgusted in me.

I was disgusted in me.

"P-please!" he bawled, "s-s-stop!"

I backed away from him like he was on fire, almost tripping over my own two feet. He stayed on the floor since he couldn't exactly move. He was too broken.

I watched from across the room as he cried, as he bled out. All I could do was watch as he lay in agony. I wanted him to hurt like he hurt Ian... but this is what would hurt him even more.

I was falling for him. I was falling for him fast and I knew why and it was killing me inside.

The smell of Chris's blood made me sick and the memory of Ian being here was too persistent. I had to leave.

"Hey!" I banged on the door, "there's been an... accident!"