CHAPTER 22: A MACHINE

IAN
"Miles, let me go!" I screamed, struggling against him. For someone so small- damn he was strong.

"They'll kill you!" he screeched back at me, pulling me further away. "Are you really stupid enough to try and get in between them?!"

Xavier was relentlessly punching Draven who was just standing there and taking it. He hadn't taken his eyes off of me once and the blank stare he started to let go of around me was back up completely. Xavier's punches were just getting harder and seeing Draven hurt was physically hurting me, probably much more than it was even hurting himself. I swear he was a fucking machine.

"You're fucking worthless!" Punch. "You're lucky I don't kill you right now!" Punch. "You deserve to fucking die!" Punch.

I wanted to take it all back. I wanted to reverse time and push all of my emotions back down so that he'd lay on the bed and hold me again. Everything I said had needed to be said for a long time but I didn't care, I wanted to do whatever it took for him to stop hurting. Last night was so perfect and I desperately wanted him to be with me forever regardless of it was right or not.

"Don't fucking go near him again or I'll kill you for real next time," Xavier threatened Draven who was now looking at him instead of me as Xavier grabbed his shirt and threw him to the floor. Draven didn't flinch or show an ounce of pain. He just stayed there silently.

Xavier turned and his figure immediately relaxed as he saw me and pulled me into his arms. I didn't hug back but he didn't notice. "Are you okay?" he cupped my face in his hands and all I could think about was how much I wish they were Draven's instead.

No.

"Yeah," I lied, making Xavier smile.

"I won't let him hurt you anymore, I promise," he whispered and held me against his chest. I didn't say anything.

Then he leaned in to kiss me and Draven was instantly back on his feet before anyone could even register the sudden movement.

He yanked away one of Xavier's hands that was caressing my face and squeezed it, crushing the bones and the crunch almost made me throw up.

"Touch what's mine again and I'll snap your fucking neck." His features weren't blank anymore. This time he was full of so much fury that it ignited his entire being as the beast finally lunged at his prey.

Xavier shouted something I couldn't make out because Draven grabbed the rest of his arm and snapped the bone connecting his elbow and wrist in half before using the appendage to swing him into the bed.

Xavier let out an agonizing shriek, finally expressing pain as Draven gripped his hair and repeatedly rammed his head against the side of the bed which broke under them.

"Ian." Slam. "Belongs." Slam. "To." Slam. "Me." Slam.

Xavier reached around and attempted to swing his fist at Draven from behind but he bent his arm out of place behind his back and that broke too.

"Oh my fucking god!" Miles shrieked, hanging onto my side as we watched in mortification and shook in our place.

"You know what? I would snap your neck but I changed my mind. I won't give you the privilege of death," Draven growled menacingly as Xavier let out a choked wail. "If you think this is what pain feels like then you're in for a surprise."

"D-Draven!" I whimpered, trying to speak louder but I was seconds away from throwing up everywhere, "you're going to kill him!"

"I'm pretty sure that's what he's going for," Miles murmured, Draven whipping Xavier off the now destroyed bed and throwing him against the ground.

This time even I wasn't stupid enough to try and intercept.

Xavier passed out from the impact when his head bounced off the floor with a loud smack but Draven still took another step forward, picking up a piece of broken off wood from the bed.

Draven lifted it, ready to beat him with it. There was so much blood everywhere and all I could hear was the crunching of bones and sobs and I fainted, slamming into the ground almost as hard as Xavier did. It was too familiar. It reminded me too much of the night everything went to shit. It was overwhelming.

A/N
I'm sorry, I know chapter is really short but I want the next one to be a specific way so I'll leave it like this and update soon. I also wanna thank everybody for reading I'm at 10k views :)