Chapter 1

"We're what," Alex shouted, looking angrily at Ron and his mother.

"Alexander, don't yell at your mother!" Ron said, but that only angered Alex even more.

"You're not my dad, don't tell me what I can and can't do, and don't call me Alexander!" He yelled, rounding on his mom. "We just moved last year, this has to be some kind of joke. Why are we even moving, and where?" He questioned, lowering his voice only a small amount.

"Well, I was getting tired of my job and the horrible, ungrateful people flight after flight. So I quit, and Ron was transferred," she paused, looking at Alex and taking his hand. "He was transferred to work in Hawkins, Indiana." Alex removed his hand from Maggie's grip, not noticing the agonizing pain that started surging around in his stomach. He stood up and ran out of the room. He heard his mother call his name, but he ignored her, running up the stairs and into his room.

He had just gotten used to it here, he didn't want to move again. He didn't want to have to be the new kid at school, again, and he didn't want to leave Darryl. He didn't want to leave Nori, oh god, Nori. When he said he never wanted to go back to that school after getting the nickname Chokey, he didn't actually mean it! Would he ever see someone in slow motion again?

He didn't want to have to move to a new town, that was completely different then when they moved last time. They didn't go that far! Los Angeles was a really nice place, and he had finally gotten used to it. Especially since it takes a long time for him to make friends, which he did, sort of. He knew that Indiana was nothing like Los Angeles, and he had never even heard of Hawkins. It sounded made up. All of this sounded made up, how was his mother going to make him move again, did she even care about his well being?

His thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on the door. He muttered a small 'come in' as the door opened and Justin walked in. He sat down next to Alex, not really knowing what to say, so he said something that Justin would say,

"Little bro, listen, maybe a new school won't be so bad. I mean, we can make some new friends, yeah? Maybe-"

"You don't get it, Justin! You've never moved before, and you're great at making friends. That's the difference with me, it seems like I'm moving every year, I don't get a choice in it since I'm a fifteen year old kid. I'm shit at making friends! I've been in Los Angeles, what, a year and a half? I've made practically two real friends. You're one of them, and that barely counts seeing as you're my stepbrother," he said, flopping backwards onto his bed and putting his hands over his face. "I really don't want to move to Indiana."

"I know, Alex, but we just have to deal with it, am I right?" Justin said, laughing half heartedly. Alex ignored him, rolling his eyes and turning on his side. He had been contemplating saying anything, not wanting to get laughed at, but he said it anyway.

"What if I never see someone in slow motion again? What if I never meet another Nori," he asked, turning to look at Justin. His smile dropped into a soft expression, laying down next to Alex and wrapping his arm around his waist. He knew that was a way to make Alex less tense, as long as it was someone that Alex was comfortable with. (Not like that!)

"I'm sure you will. If you don't, you always got me!" He said cheerfully, causing Alex to bark out a laugh.

"Oh god, I need to find someone as soon as possible," he said fearfully, earning a frog in the arm. "Ow!" He laughed, glaring at Justin.

"You deserved it," Justin said, huffing and pulling him closer.

Alex liked big arms wrapped around him, he liked when somebody held him. He liked the thought of a boy holding him tight and keeping him safe, and he liked it when Justin held him. Not because it was Justin, but because of the way that it felt, and he had no clue why. He liked how affectionate Justin was with him, and he wished he could have somebody be like that with him that he loved. Yeah, he loved Justin, but as a brother even though he hated to admit it. He let Justin intertwine their fingers, kissing his forehead softly.

To most people, it would seem like Justin and Alex were a loving couple, but they really weren't. They were just really close step brothers. Alex even said once that it sounded like a porno movie when Justin said it like that. Their parents didn't know how close they were, and they didn't mind that. It didn't matter anyway, it's not like they were making out all the time, they never even kissed. That was just wrong. They just acted like they were a really sweet and cute couple. They never acted like this in front of other people, only alone, which can make it sound pretty bad. Justin's the only one that knows about Alex's anxiety, besides his mother. Ron doesn't even know, and Alex wanted to keep it that way. Justin was the only one that knew what to do during an attack. Sometimes it seemed like he knew more about Alex then Alex knew about himself. They made a joke out of it sometimes.

Alex tried to fall asleep, but he kept moving around, trying to get comfortable. He didn't know why, but this Hawkins stuff was really putting him on edge, and it really freaked him out. He felt Justin pull his back flesh against his stomach, going under Alex's shirt and rubbing his tummy as he kissed the back of his neck. Alex stopped squirming, letting out a deep sigh and finally drifting off into the black abyss of sleep.

His mind blank as the feeling in his stomach slowly faded.

------

Sorry that this was so short, I just couldn't think of anything else.

Also, if anyone thinks that the way Alex and Justin are acting is "Gross" and "Disgusting" because they're step brothers, let me explain. Me and my older sister act like this, and I know that sounds weird, but it's mainly what helps me to calm down. She's very affectionate to me, and it's really sweet. She doesn't kiss my neck, my girlfriend does that, but I added that because I can and it's my story. If you don't like it, don't read it. Okay, thank you.

Telekinesisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें