Chapter 21

Alex slowly walked towards the figure on the bed, their hands on their knees and their hair falling in their face. The figure sat still, unmoving as he took each step towards him. Each step he took made his heart beat quicken, walking closer and closer until he arrived in front of the sick man. He slowly reached forward, grabbing his hand and taking it in his, whispering,

"Billy..can you hear me? I want to see.. I want to see what happened," he said. Billy looked at him, eyes filling with tears, Alex looking at him hopefully. Billy then grabbed him by his forearm tightly, not letting go. Outside of his mind, he started to hyperventilate, his hands balling into fists.

"Something's wrong," Mike said, his voice echoing around in his mind.

He screamed for him to let go, pulling his arm back and trying to get out of Billy's grasp. Then, he let go, causing Alex to fall backwards slowly. As he fell, Billy's memories went through his mind faster than sonic, rushing back until he landed. When Alex landed, he found himself lying in the ocean on the sand. He coughed, water pouring from his mouth as he sat up, watching a few seagulls start to fly up from the sand. He looked around, slowly standing up and wondering how and why he was here.

"Al, are you okay," Mike asked frantically. "Are you okay?" The voice echoed.

"I'm okay," he breathed.

"What's going on?" He asked, and he could tell that he had moved closer.

"On a beach." He said, releasing his balled up fists as his knuckles turned white.

"Okay," he heard Lucas say. "I may be dense, but last I checked...there weren't any beaches in Hawkins." He said, almost confused.

"What else do you see," Max asked, trying to get more information. Alex looked around, spotting a young woman with a white dress and a red and blue rose on the front. She was blonde and had gold hoop earrings in her ears, and she was holding some yellow sandals that had sand all over them. Her hair was blowing in the wind, and her blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"A woman," he said. "She's...pretty." He said, smiling softly. "I think...she's looking at me," he breathed, watching as the woman smiled and waved at what he thought was him. She seemed to be cheering for someone, and then he heard giggling. He turned, looking to see a small boy with red swim trunks and a surfboard running past him and up to the woman.

"You did it!" The woman said, smiling brightly as the boy.

"There's a boy," he whispered, looking closer.

"Did you see that!" The boy asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I saw that," the woman said, kissing the little boy's forehead.

"I was at least seven feet," he said.

"I don't know what it was but it almost gave me a heart attack!" She laughed, placing her hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Ten more minutes?" He asked, and the woman looked almost afraid, as she looked behind him at the water.

"Yeah, okay, ten more minutes," she said as he ran back over to his board. "But any longer then that dad's going to be mad, okay?" She called.

"Okay!" He said cheerfully.

"Billy?" She said, and Alex looked at her in shock. That was Billy? "Watch out for the currents!" She said.

"I know," he said, running into the ocean.

"It's Billy," Alex said, taking a deep breath.