Chapter 4

When they arrived at the house, Alex felt something in his stomach. Not a sickening feeling, or a painful jolt, but something strange. He couldn't find a word for how it felt, but it definitely wasn't the happiest feeling in the world. He shook his head, walking to the front door and walking inside. It was nice. When you first walked in, there was a small hallway next to a set of stairs on his right. Under the stairs was a small cupboard. If you kept walking on your right was a bathroom and in front of you was a dining room. Next to the dining room was a kitchen with a door next to it. It was one of those doors that you just push either way and it opens, and it didn't have a handle. He walked through the door, seeing a living room and a sliding glass door that led to a backyard. He walked back into the kitchen, walking up the stairs.

Upstairs were four rooms, three were bedrooms and one was a bathroom. He walked past, from what he could see through the cracked door, the master bedroom. The bathroom was at the end of the hall and there were two bedrooms on his right. He walked into the one closest to the stairs, He saw another door which, since it was open, he saw had a walk in closet, and Justin was already in there. He turned and looked at him when he opened the door, smirking and doing the F•R•I•E•N•D•S middle finger. Alex rolled his eyes, walking out of what was now Justin's room, and into the room next to it. He walked in the room and smiled widely thanking that Justin hadn't chosen this room. It was a bit bigger, only because he didn't have a walk in closet, but that's not what he was excited about. He walked across the room and to the window, unlocking it and pulling it open. It wasn't too high off the ground and it was tall, but if you put your foot out of the window it would land on the roof.

He smiled, stepping out of his window and onto the roof. He walked along it, looking over the edge and seeing something amazing. In the corner of the two walls next to the roof. Not only was the roof not too high, but it had a big square box, which Alex assumed was the thing to power all the power. He dropped down onto the box and jumped into the grass. This was perfect. He never had a window in his room, so he never had a chance to get away from his house at night without being stopped by Ron or his mother. He walked around to the front of the house, seeing Justin and his mom grabbing some boxes from the moving truck. He walked over to them, earning a few confused glances. Alex wasn't about to give up the fact that he had a window he could sneak out of whenever he pleased, so he lied.

"I walked out of the back door and looked around the house and I ended up coming around to the front." He lied, kind of surprised at how quickly he thought of that. Alex really sucked at lying, especially to adults, so he was quite proud of himself. Justin didn't believe him, but his mom did, and that was all that mattered.

"Oh okay, can you come get one of your boxes?" She asked, and he nodded, walking over to them. He reached into the back of the truck and grabbed a box with his name on it before walking into the house.

------

Dinner was pretty silent, they didn't have much to talk about. They made some small talk, but because they moved there wasn't much to talk about. They couldn't talk about how their day at school was, and since it was summer they couldn't talk about how much fun they had with their friends. Their parents couldn't talk about how their day at work was, or how annoying people were when they went shopping because they were driving all day.

"Isn't it nice that you don't have to deal with the stress of moving and starting at a new school," his mother asked, looking up at them while taking a bite of her salad. "You know, since it's summer-?"

"Yeah mom, I know." He growled, stabbing his food with his fork and shoving it in his mouth so that he didn't scream out in frustration. There was silence for a bit, until Justin spoke up.

"Ya' knowwwwww, Fourth of July is in a few days," he said, dragging out the 'W'. He turned to look at Alex with a small smirk prominent on his face.

"Oh, god, Justin," Alex laughed, kicking him softly from under the table. Justin frogged him in the shoulder, and Alex rubbed the place he was hit. "Ow! What is with you and frogging me?" He asked, flicking Justin in the head.

"Oh, you little-"

"Boys!" Ron said in a soft shout. They both looked at him, rolling their eyes and looking down at their food.

When Alex finished eating, he excused himself and ran up the stairs and into his new room. Throughout the day they had gotten a lot done. In his room was his bed, his desk, his wardrobe, and the boxes with the rest of his stuff. He felt bad that they worked mainly on his room after putting their beds in. He assumed it was because he was so upset about moving that his body started to get sick. It didn't make sense, but that's just what everyone assumed, even if that was complete bogus.

He looked over at the window and realized that he forgot to lock it, but he didn't want to get up because he was so tired. He was also lazy. He wanted it to be locked, just in case somebody tried to break in through his window and, oh I don't know, murder him. Yes, it was a bit dramatic, but so was Alex Riley. His body was so tired from moving things from the trucks, especially big things. He wished that it would just lock on its own, that would be great, wouldn't it? Imagine being able to close it with your mind. Alex laughed at himself, deciding to joke around and look at the window with a "serious" face. He wanted it to lock, so he raised his hand jokingly and flicked his hand.

And then the window locked.

------

I KNOW RIGHT??????

Lmao whoops