Chapter 10

He lifted his arm, not being quick enough and feeling his face covered by a cold hand. He was thrown against the wall, hitting his head and almost getting knocked unconscious, but his will to make sure the three were okay overpowered him. He felt himself get picked up and carried away from the three unconscious bodies laying on the ground. He tried to get free, but his heavy lids and his pounding headache won and he felt his vision go black.

Alex jolted away, screaming and crying, sweat trickling down his face and blood pouring from his nose. He didn't notice Justin and his mom run in the room, and he didn't hear them telling him to calm down. He didn't hear Ron's complaints and he didn't feel his mother shaking him and telling him that he's okay. What he did notice was Justin wrapping his arms around him and singing softly, petting his head. No matter how hard he tried to break free or how loud he screamed, Justin held onto him.

"You're okay, it's okay, it's okay," he whispered, continuing on the melody of the song. Alex slowly calmed, relaxing in Justin's embrace and breathing and steadying his breathing. He felt his body slump and lose tension as he fell asleep, his nose brushing against Justin's collar bone.

------

Alex woke up with Justin's arms wrapped around him, somebody softly whispering for him to wake up. He giggled softly, thinking that it was Justin and snuggling his face further into the boy's neck. He felt somebody's breath on the back of his ear, and that's when he realized it wasn't Justin. Justin was in front of him, and that wasn't Justin's voice whispering into his ear.

He slowly untangled himself from Justin's arms, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He reached over to his right, grabbing his glasses and putting them on. When the blur in his vision slowly started to die down, he saw the people standing in front of them. Before he could say anything, he felt Justin sit and pull him a bit behind him, tugging the blankets up and over their chests. This was when Alex realized that all he was wearing were some boxer briefs with basketballs on them. Justin was wearing some dark grey sweatpants and some boxers under them, but that was all.

"What the hell are all of you doing here? It's..." Justin trailed off, looking at the alarm clock. His eyes widened. "It's six in the morning, what do you want?" He asked, watching as Alex groaned loudly and lay back down. Alex flipped them off, nuzzling his face into the pillow and sighing, making grabby hands at Justin.

"It's not even light outside yet," he said, sitting up slightly to cuddle into Justin. "I want to sleep." He said. He noticed Mike glaring at them, mainly the way they were cuddling, and Alex was too tired for this. "Okay what's your problem? Every time we're even a little affectionate you get this sour look on your face. I don't know if you're homophobic or you think it's weird because we're step brothers but it pisses me off." Alex spat, readjusting his glasses and getting out of bed, ignoring Justin's face palm and not noticing Mike's stare on him as he walked towards his closet.

"Alex," Justin said, and Alex turned to look at him, confused. He saw Justin holding up a small roughed up fox stuffed animal, and Alex squeaked. He didn't mean to, but he lifted his hand causing the fox to shoot towards him. He smiled, putting the left ear in his mouth and walking into his closet. He reached up, trying to grab onto a shirt above the hangers. He felt someone walk behind him, pressing against his back a little too much and grabbed the shirt he wanted. He turned around, facing Mike as he handed him the shirt.

"I'm not homophobic, can we talk later," he asked lowly so that only he could hear, and he nodded, his face going bright red. "We needed to talk to you about something important." Mike said, watching as Alex walked back over to Justin and cuddled into his side.

"We wanted to talk to you," Lucas said. "About your powers and everything." Alex didn't say anything for a minute, until there was a knock on his door. He jumped, watching as the door slowly started to open. He lifted his arm, slamming the door shut and locking it.

"Alex, what's with all the noise? Let me in," she said, trying to open the door. He needed to think of a quick response.

"Uhh, I'm naked," he said, mentally face palming.

"I'm your mother," she said, still trying to open the door.

"I'm doing something," he said. He didn't mean for it to come out the way that it did, but when he looked at Justin pressing his face into the pillow so that he didn't die of laughter, he felt a blush crawl up his neck.

"Oh- uhm, have fun," she said, and he could hear her footsteps quickly pattering away to her room. He groaned, falling backwards on his bed, and then hit himself in the head because she probably interpreted that much differently than he wanted her to.

"Damn it," he whisper-yelled. "Fuck this." He said, throwing on his shirt that said, 'I'M NOT GAY BUT MY BOYFRIEND IS'. He looked down at it, laughing and walking over to his dresser. "Making me get up at six in the fucking morning to do some shit I didn't ask for." He muttered, turning on his cassette player and playing Led Zeppelin. Mike, Dustin, El, and Will sat on the bed while Lucas sat on his desk and Max sat in his desk chair. "You couldn't have waited, like, two hours?" He asked, throwing on his high waisted shorts rolled up at the bottom. He put on a belt that hung out of the loop, tucking in his shirt but pulling it out a bit so it was baggily tucked in. He watched Justin get up and walk out of the room to change, shutting the door behind him.

He grabbed his deodorant and rubbed in on his armpit, putting the cap back on and throwing it on his dresser. He stomped out of the room, walking into the bathroom to piss and brush his teeth. Whilst he was putting the toothpaste on his brush, Mike walked in, shutting the door behind him. He rolled his eyes, wetting the brush before shoving it in his mouth and brushing his hair. While doing that, he took his glasses off and grabbed his lenses, washing his face and putting them in carefully.

"I really need to talk to you, Alex," he said quietly, and Alex could sense the fear in his voice. He made a motion for Mike to move away from the door, which he did. He flicked his wrist, the door locking. When he had gone home, he practiced with his powers, and he felt that he mostly had the hand of it. He spit out the white substance in his mouth, washing his mouth out and spitting again. He wiped his mouth and washed his hands, waiting for Mike to say something, which he didn't.

"Then talk, Mike." He said, throwing his toothbrush in the cup, turning and looking at him with frustration.

"When I first laid my eyes on you, I felt something. I don't know what it was, but it felt like a warm tug at my heart. I don't know why, but I just...I just..." He trailed off, looking at Alex's blushing face and his wrinkled nose. Alex watched as he started to move closer, placing his hands on the sink on either side of the boy. He watched him lean closer, so close that he could feel their breath on each other's lips. Before their lips could connect, Alex turned his head so that Mike's lips landed on his cheek.

"When I first got a huge crush, they moved in slow motion. I know that it's weird, but it's true. When I first saw you, you moved in slow motion, but you were glowing. I felt it too, Mike, and I want to kiss you," he said, feeling Mike trail his lips down and lightly kiss his neck. "But you're with El, and I'm not an ass. You need to figure out what to do with her, then I promise that we can talk. I know we haven't known each other very long, but there's something about you that I just can't put my finger on." He said, Mike lifting his head to look him in the eyes. They were so close, and he could feel Mike push his body closer to him.

"Please, Alex, just one kiss," he begged, pressing his lips ever slightly to his. Alex shivered, grabbing his shirt so that he could get a grip on the world.

"Mike..." He said. "I can't kiss you, I'm not an ass." He said, hoping that Mike was smart enough to understand what he was saying. Thankfully, he was. He pressed his lips to the other boy's, his eyes squeezing shut. Alex kissed back, but only for a second before he pulled away. Not a moment later was there a knock on the door, and when Alex heard the voice he felt a pang at his heart.

"Mike?" Came the voice of Eleven.

------

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

You're welcome,,,,