Chapter 13

"That was so much fun, what else can we do," he asked, walking out of the theater with Max. She laughed, dragging him to a shoe shop and towards the high heels. Alex barked out a laugh, grabbing some very colorful ones and taking his vans off. He slid them on, grabbing on to Max's hand and trying to walk in them. "Oh my god, Max. Max, shit, Max I'm gonna-" he cut himself off as he fell to the ground, taking Max with him. They both burst out in laughter, holding their stomachs in pain from how hard they were cackling. They watched as a few girls turned to look at them with an annoyed expression, and they tried to stop laughing as they turned back around. It didn't work, bursting out in laughter and putting the shoes back as they ran out of the store.

"I have an idea," Alex said later as they watched the girl and her friends walk out of a store with smoothies. He brought Max behind a pole, glaring at the smoothie in her hand as she laughed with her friends. Their laugh was cut short as the smoothie exploded in her hand, making the two start giggling and run away from the scene. They walked into another shop, Alex spotting something in his peripheral vision. He grabbed it, bringing Max into the dressing rooms and telling her to wait in the chair in front of the door. She nodded, confused, as he ran into the dressing room giggling.

When he came out, her mouth dropped and she whistled, making Alex flick her off. He was wearing some black vans and white knee high socks. He had on a black shirt with swirls and colorful designs on it. It was slightly tucked into an abstract skirt, and he was thanking whatever God was out there that there wasn't anyone in the dressing rooms. Max clapped her hands, telling him to turn around, which he did.

"Sooo, how does it look?" He asked, drawing out his 'O'. Her face changed, her smile changing into a smirk as she crossed her arms.

"It looks great, Al," she said, pausing to glance behind him as she held back her laughter. "But I think that you should turn around." Alex quirked up an eyebrow, looking behind him and seeing Mike standing there with a crimson face and his jaw dropped, his eyes so wide Alex swore they were going to fall out of his head. His face turned to flames as he squeeked, running back into the dressing room and changing back into his original outfit. He covered his face, grabbing the clothes and putting them on his arm as he walked out of the room and looked at Mike.

"What- uhm, what are you doing here?" He asked. Mike looked at him, gulping and taking a step forward.

"Well I came to the mall with Will to go to the arcade and maybe watch a movie, but then I saw you walking into the store. I decided to follow you and say hi, and then you went into the dressing rooms. When I came in here, well, you know what happened," he chuckled. Then he looked at Alex, face reddening and stepping in closer to whisper in his ear. "Did I do that?" He asked. Alex's face turned to one of fake frustration and pushed Mike away softly.

"Yes, yes you did! Now, if you'll excuse me, me and Max were just leaving. We'll see you later," he said cheerily, taking Max's hand and walking to the register. He ignored the knowing look in her eyes when he paid for the skirt, taking the bag from the worker and walking out of the store with Max.

------

"Well, that was eventful." Max laughed, flopping down on his bed. Alex flicked his hand, locking the door and sitting on the bed next to her.

"Let's have some fun. Write a bunch of names down on pieces of paper," he said, grabbing a bandana and a water bottle. He walked back over, writing a few names down as well before cutting up the paper and putting them in a small circle on the ground. He placed the bottle in the middle, nodding to Max for her to spin it. He watched it go around in circles before stopping, his face breaking out into a smile. "Darryl's one of my friends from Los Angeles." He said, at her confused look. He grabbed his walkie talkie, smiling fondly at the memory of receiving it.

"What did you want to talk to us about?" Justin asked, sitting on Mike's couch and looking at the group with a curious expression. Will reached into a bag, grabbing something from it and placing it on the table.

"After a lot of talking, we finally agreed," Lucas paused, looking at Mike.

"We agreed that you're a part of the party now." He said. Justin smiled, grabbing one of the walkie's and taking it in his hand, turning it and looking it over. Alex did the same, biting his lip to try to hide his smile.

"Thank you," he said. For the next few hours, the group taught them how to use them. They showed them the frequencies and the handles. Once they got the hang of it, Alex couldn't keep a mile on his face as he rode his bike home, talking to them the whole time.

He switched the frequency, waiting for it to go static, which it did. He set it down, putting on the bandana and clearing his mind, thinking of nothing but Darryl. It wasn't long before he was standing in a black abyss. He slowly started walking towards the figure a few yards away. He kept walking until he was standing right in front of Darryl, watching him pace around what looked to be his bedroom. He seemed to be contemplating doing something or not, and Alex waited to hear what he was thinking of doing. Knowing Darryl, it was probably something really stupid.

"Okay, okay! I'm just gonna do it, I'm gonna ask," he said, running out of his bedroom. The room started to fade away, and Alex frowned. He took off his bandana, frowning at Max.

"What's wrong?" She asked as he wiped his nose.

"Nothing, he just left his room too quickly, I'm not quite sure what he was doing," he said. He flicked his head, the bottle spinning in circles before stopping on the name Billy.

------

AHAHAHAHAAHYES I JUST DID THAt

Be mad I don't care

Wait yes I do I'm sorry :(