Chapter 17

"I found him," Alex said, feeling blood slowly trickling down from his nose.

"Where is he?" Max asked.

"Woods," he said.

"Woods?" Lucas asked, looking at him.

"He's with..Will's mom." He said, remembering the name Joyce from what Will had told him.

"My-my mom?" He said, leaning forward and looking at Alex.

"What are they doing?" Max asked, complete and utter confusion stretched on her face. Why would Hopper be with Joyce, walking through a forest.

"They're going to Illinois," he said, trying to focus on the people in front of him in his mind rather than the people asking him a bunch of questions. There was a knock at the door.

"Mike, breakfast!" Karen shouted. Mike turned around, shouting back up at her,

"Not now mom," and looking back at Alex. "Illinois, like the state?" He asked, confused. Alex took off the bandana, looking at him and nodding softly. Mike stood up, taking him into the bathroom as everyone started to discuss what Hopper and Joyce could possibly be doing. He shut the door behind them, grabbing a small rag and wetting it, wiping away the blood coming from his nose. "I know this is hard, especially since you just got your powers and you-"

"Mike," he said, shushing him. "I know what I'm doing. I probably know these powers more than Eleven. I know that sounds weird, but they're mine, not hers." He said, lifting his head up a bit to look at the red mark on his neck from when Billy choked him. He flinched at the memory.

"Does it still hurt?" Mike asked.

"Only when I talk," he sighed, turning on the faucet and washing his face.

He could feel Mike slither his arms around his waist. He looked up at the mirror, smiling softly as he turned off the faucet and leaned back into Mike. He wrapped his arms around Mike's so that they were around his stomach, placing his head back on his chest. Mike looked down at him, smiling. Alex turned his body to face Mike, placing his hands on the nape of his neck, messing with his hair. Mike smiled, leaning down and closing his eyes, pressing his lips against Alex's. Alex sighed softly into the kiss, letting his eyes flutter closed as Mike pressed him against the sink. Sadly, somebody knocked, the sound of their knuckles rasping against the door making them flinch as they pulled back. Alex untangled himself from Mike, walking over to the door and opening it.

"Nancy and Jonathon are here," Lucas said. Alex and Mike walked out of the door, looking over at the couch and seeing none other than Nancy and Jonathan.

------

It took a while to explain everything about Alex and Eleven, and they received some very interesting information in return. They told them about Driscal and the party told the two about their sauna test. They talked about how since there were two people flayed that there had to be more.

"Heather," Alex said, making everybody looking at him. "Billy was doing something to her. She was scared, she was screaming." He said, rubbing his face at the memory that hadn't left his mind.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost, who is Heather?" Nancy asked.

"She's a lifeguard at the pool." Max said, looking at Nancy.

"Heather Holloway," she asked, and Alex nodded.

"Tom." Her and Jonathan said at the same time.

"Come on, let's go," Nancy said, walking up the stairs of the basement. Everybody followed, walking up the stairs and through the house, out the front door. They walked to the car, opening the doors and getting in. Nancy got in the driver's seat, Jonathan in the passenger seat. Eleven, Max, and Lucas got in the back, and the rest of them got in the trunk.

"Seriously?" Mike said as they said down, opening his body so that Alex could lay on him. Justin and Will got on the other side, Will rolling his eyes and Mike's comment.

"Welcome to my world," he muttered, leaning his head on Justin's shoulder. Mike watched the action, a small smile coming onto his face. Alex smiled, knowing that Will was too exhausted to know what he was doing as Justin's face burned red.

"Seatbelts," Nancy said, putting her hair up in a ponytail. Max and Lucas complied, but El looked confused. Max laughed half heartedly, helping Eleven with her seatbelt. They backed up the car and smashed into the bikes, earning a 'Hey!' from the group. Alex sighed, maneuvering his body so that he was curled into Mike. He closed his eyes, just wanting to sleep, because he was so fucking tired. It didn't take long for him to lose consciousness, his breathing slowly growing even and slow.

Alex watched as that thing stabbed them, each and everyone of his friends, not stopping until each and every one of them was dead. He screamed and cried, running around and trying to save them, and then he watched as he grabbed Mike and lifted him into the air. He begged and screamed, pleading for it to just take him and to leave his friends alone. It looked at him, dropping Mike on the ground with a loud thud. He tried to run to him, but it got to him first. He took its arm and stabbed Mike through the chest, and Alex screamed. He screamed and cried, screaming so loudly that he swore his vocal chords were bleeding. He ran to Mike, shaking him and trying to wake him, and then it changed. He was in his old room, Billy sitting on his bed and smiling menacingly up at him.

"I'm going to kill them. I'm going to kill every single one of them. Then, I'm going to find your family..." he trailed off, and then,

Alex jolted awake screaming. Everyone jumped and looked at him, Nancy jerking the wheel on accident. He looked around at everyone as his breathing grew labored and he started to break down. He held his chest, feeling his heart pounding so hard that his chest burned and grew red. He could hear Mike saying something, more like yelling, but he wasn't paying attention. He felt the car stop and somebody pick him up, taking him out of the trunk and placing him on the ground, leaning him against the car.

"Alex, look at me, you're okay," he said, taking Alex's hands in his and getting down on his knees. Alex continued to cry, his nose bleeding and his vision blurring. Mike lifted Alex's shirt, leaning down and trying something. He kissed over his scars. He kissed over every scar, inch by inch, peppering kissed over them as he held his hands. He hummed Dancing Queen as he kissed him, rubbing circles on the back of his hand with his thumb. It was a few minutes before Alex calmed down, not completely, but enough to where he wasn't screaming. Mike kissed up his chest, kissing his neck and up his jaw to his lips. He trailed kisses along his cheek and to his ear, stroking a piece of hair behind it and kissing the back of it. Alex slowly started to calm down, leaning his head back against the car as tears flowed down his face like a waterfall. "You're okay."

------

Oh wow, I'm getting interested, and I know what happens!