Chapter 6

When Alex woke up the next morning, he thought it was all a dream, and that's what he chose to believe. He chose not to believe that he locked the window without leaving his bed.

He shook off the feeling in his chest, getting out of bed and dragging his feet over to one of the boxes lying on the floor. He shuffled through it, looking for the same outfit he wore when he found out they were moving here. When he found it, he started changing out of his pajamas and into his clothes. He tried to ignore the scream in his head telling him that it wasn't a dream and that it really happened, but he couldn't. He couldn't believe that he did something with his fucking mind! He couldn't believe that that had actually happened, he just couldn't.

He couldn't believe it. What if he actually moved something with his mind? Could it be possible? Alex wasn't one to believe in stuff like this, but it's hard to logic your way out of this.

He tried to forget about it as he walked out of his room and down the stairs for breakfast. When he walked into the dining room, he saw that Ron wasn't at the table with Justin and his mom, yay! He sat down, noticing that his mom was cooking. The only thing he actually liked about Ron was that he was a decent cook, unlike his mom. Don't get him wrong, he loved his mom, but she was one of the worst cooks ever. She couldn't even make cereal correctly, it was kind of funny, but then he also felt bad for her. Her mom, his grandmother, was an amazing cook, and it made Maggie feel bad that she couldn't cook that well for her son.

"Where's Ron," he asked, putting on a fake smile, causing Justin to chuckle and roll his eyes.

"Don't give me an attitude, and he's at work, he needed to be there for an early flight," she said, putting the food on the table. "So, what are you two planning on doing today?"

"I am planning on going out to walk around the town. Get used to it, y'know," Justin said, pausing to glance and Alex. "When I get home I'm probably just going to spend the rest of the day setting up my room as much as I can. Alex, do you want to go with me?"

"To your room?" He asked sarcastically, getting hit in the back of the head promptly after as he took a bite of his banana.

"No, idiot! To take a look around the town?" He said, taking a sip of his milk and smirking. Alex thought about it before nodding, maybe it would get his mind off of his "dream".

"Sure," he said, his mouth full. His mom glared at him, and he swallowed his banana and looked at Justin. "I would love to!" He said in a girly voice, looking back to his food. Maggie rolled his eyes, finishing her food and putting her dishes in the sink.

"I'm going to be running errands most of the day, but I should be home by dinner." She said, looking back at the two boys finishing up their breakfast.

"Okay," Alex said, not really paying attention and finishing his food. He dropped his dishes in the sink and started walking towards the front door. He just needed to get out of the damn house, maybe exploring with Justin would take his mind off of what may or may not have happened last night. He could hear footsteps running up to his side, and he half smiled at Justin as they walked out of the door.

He didn't mean to be such an ass to his mom, really, he was just stressed. Sometimes dreams can feel really real, right? So, it was probably just a dream, a really strange dream. He didn't remember falling asleep, but does anybody ever remember when they fall asleep? He tried to shove it off, but when he tried he just heard a pounding in the back of his head to think of it as more. He started to think about how he felt when they drove past the Welcome to Hawkins sign, did that have something to do with it? It wouldn't matter, maybe he was just imagining things, and that's what he wanted to believe. All of it could have pointed to a dream, except one single thing. When he woke up the next morning, the window was locked, and he knew that his mom nor Ron would have locked it. Justin knew not to bother him when he was trying to relax, unless something serious was happening or had happened. So how did the window lock? He was just so confused, and scared, what if it was real? He's already a freak, what would happen to him if he had fucking powers? Why did they have to leave Los Angeles?

"Alex, I've been talking to you for the past ten minutes, are you okay?" Justin asked, almost jokingly. Although, when Alex looked at him, all he saw in his eyes was worry and concern. He considered if he should tell him or not, he isn't even sure if there is anything to tell. After about thirty seconds of contemplation, he sighed, grabbing Justin's forearm and dragging him into the forest that they had somehow appeared next to. Wow, Alex really needs to pay more attention.

"Do you remember how I told you that I felt something when we passed the Hawkins sign," he asked, rubbing his hands together anxiously.

"Yeah, why?" Justin said. Alex sighed, leaning against a tree.

"Promise me you won't think I'm crazy," he begged. Justin nodded, walking closer to him and tucked a curl behind his ear. "Okay, so yesterday I was laying in my bed, exhausted from all the work that we had done. I looked at my window and noticed that it was unlocked, and you know how I can't leave things unlocked at night. I considered getting up, but my body was aching so I got frustrated. I thought how cool it would be if I could lock it with my mind, right? So, I looked at it, like this," he said, glaring at a small stick on the ground. He flicked his wrist as an example of what happened, wanting the stick to move like the lock did. What he didn't expect was for it to actually move, getting thrown against a tree. "And it locked..." He said incredulously. Justin looked at him in disbelief.

"Alex, what the-"

"Who are you?"

------

Yes, I just did that :::))))))))