No Good In Goodbye - 1d / 5sos Medical

This is sad. Like really sad and bad. Hope you still enjoy it and have a good time.

"Hello is this mister Horan?" Niall got his phone as he saw that the caller ID was Liams school.
"Yes I am. Who am I speaking to?" Niall answered as he spun around on his chair.
"It's mister Styles, Liams teacher. I was wondering if everything was alright at home?"
Niall was taken aback by this question. Liams mom, Nialls ex wife, left him with Liam the minute Liam was born. Niall had raised the 8 year old practically on his own. Lately Niall was seeing someone called Zayn and Liam loved the dude with his whole heart. Liam had always been cheery and sporty but since a month or 3 he lost every effort of going to his football classes or even jump around the house. He was more sick than he used to and his body was covered in bruises.
"Ehh yeah it alright here. Why do you ask to be fair?" Niall asked getting worried Liam was hurting other pupils.
"It's just I see Liam like 5 times a day. Since a few moths he changed. He isn't him happy self and he seems to have lost quite a good amount of weight. I've no idea of you noticed mister Horan but he's covered in bruises like everywhere. He often runs towards the toilet to throw up. And than I'm not talking about his nosebleeds which he seems to get more and more. I'm really worried about him and I think it's best for you to take him to a doctor," mister Styles explained.
Niall sighed and he knew Liam was ill. He didn't deny it but his best mate Louis was a doctor and had checked Liam over several times but didn't found anything confronting.
" Is it okay with you if I collect him right now? I'll set an doctor's appointment at the clinic for him," Niall said as he put on his shoes to collect his kiddo.
"That would be great. I'll make sure to get Liam inside so you can pick him up. See you in 5," Mister styles said. Niall thanked the man and got his car keys.
On the way to school Niall dialed his best mate, and general practitioner, Louis Tomlinson.
"Oiii mate," Louis said as he saw who was calling him, "what's up."
"Its li Lou," Niall said as he turned into a corner, "his teacher called. He's worried about him and I'm too. I think something is wrong with Li. Do you have a quick gap where you can see him."
Niall heard Louis sigh because he didn't want Li to feel ill at all. "Yeah I got break right now so if you can bring him in within 10 you'll be seen quick."
"Thank God. You're the best," Niall said as he pulled into the driveway of the school, "see ya."
Niall hung up and closed the car door. He ran inside the school since it was raining cats and dogs outside. Typical English weather.
Niall didn't have to run far because Liam was standing just under the roof of the school building together with his teacher.
"Hey buddy," Niall said as he crunched down to get on eye sight with Liam, "let's go and see uncle LouLou for a bit yeah."
Liam nodded and grabbed Nialls hand.
"Bye mister Harry," Liam said as he turned around to wave.
Harry waved back and Niall ran with Liam towards his car door just to not get the boy soaked before he needed to visit a doctor.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Liam Horan," Louis said through the waiting area at his local clinic. Liam hopped off a chair and didn't run to Louis but clinched to Niall.
Louis frowned to that and knew that there was something wrong with the boy.
"Thanks that you could see us this quick," Niall answered as he followed Louis to his room.
"No probs mate," Louis explained as he sat down at the other end of the table.
He quickly noted down that Liam didn't look like the energetic child he's used to see.
"Alright Li," Louis said as he spinned his chair, "what's wrong with you buddy?"
Liam looked towards Louis not even having the energy to speak. Niall took Liam his coat off and for Louis that was enough.
"Oke buddy," Louis said as he stepped from behind his chair, "I want you to step on the scale and only wear your undies and undershirt."
Liam sighed but still did as Louis asked him.
"Uncle Lou," Liam said as he was just down to his undies and shirt, "blood."
Liam pointed to his nose and Louis nodded. He got a tissue for Liam his bloody nose.
"Does it happen more often bud?" Louis wanted to know to complete a diagnose. Liam sadly nodded and Louis pulled him into a hug.
"Do you throw up as well?" Louis wondered and again Liam nodded.
Louis scribbled the things quickly down and set Liam on the scale.
Liam hold the paper to his nose as Louis looked sad at the scale.
Liam had lost a good 6 pounds in a month.
"Alright my little superman," Louis said as Liam slowly walked towards Niall, "I just want to be sure so I need to take some blood from you buddy." Niall looked weird at Louis but Liam sighed and hopped off his dad's lap.
"Alright come here," Louis said as he opened his arms. Liam let himself being carried to the bed. Niall waited anxiously for Liam to return.
"Alright buddy," Louis said as he strapped the green lint to his arm, "just a small pinch."
"Auwww," Liam cried as he felt the needle pinch his arm.
"Shhhh," Louis sushed, "you'll be fine Li."
Liam wiped his tears with his other arms as Louis drew three bloodsamples.
"Alright we're done," Louis said as he took Liam up his hip, "daddy can dress you again."
Niall looked worried as his little boy, pale as he just seen a gosht and shivering. Niall saw how fragile his boy looked in Louis his big arms. He was covered in bruises and his nose was still bleeding.
"Daddy," Liam wined as Niall began to dress the boy.
"Alright Lili," Louis said as he sat behind his desk, "I'll send them up to the lab and call you and your papa within three days."
Niall nodded and zipped Liams coat up.
"Thanks," Niall said as he shook Louis hand. Something in Louis face didn't seem right as if something definitely was wrong with his boy but Louis didn't dare to speak up.
——————————————————
"Wait daddy needs to get this for a second," Niall excused himself as the phone went off. Liam was eating the pancakes his daddy made him. It was currently 5.30pm and Niall had no idea who would be ringing in so late.
"Niall Horan," Niall answered the phone as he smiled at Liam.
"Yoo Ni," Louis answered. Something in his voice was off, just like he had cried.
"It's about Li," Louis said getting harder and harder to hold back his tears, "you need to get him to the hospital now. I set up an appointment for him within 10 minutes. He'll be seen by doctor Irwin."
"Lou wait what's wrong," Niall asked getting extremely worried by his friend.
"I'm not sure Ni but it looks like he has leukemia," Louis slowly said.
"He has fucking cancer Lou how can you be so calm," Niall said as he got his hands through his hair and tears streaming down his face.
"Ni calm the shit down," Louis said, "nothing is sure. Go to the fucking hospital with Li and got it sorted."
Niall hung up and run back into the living.
"Daddy why are you said," Liam asked as Niall came running in with tears streaming down his face.
"Alright Li. We need to go to the hospital. Uncle Lou found something in your blood that shouldn't be there."
Liam nodded and Niall quickly shot his own shoes on. He grabbed Liam out his chair and pulled him into the car.
****
"Liam Horan," Niall heard for the second time that day through a waiting room.
Liam had fallen asleep and Niall carried his youngster in.
"Niall," he said as he shook the hand of the unfamiliar man.
"Dr Irwin, but you can call me Ashton or Ash," he said back, "does he sleep a lot?" Ashton immediately asked pointing out the sleeping state Liam was currently in.
Niall nodded in agreement while he took off Liam his coat.
"I heard that your general specialist already contacted you about the possible diagnosis," Ashton asked as he sat down behind the computer.
"He did," Niall said as he wiped away a tear, "I still can't believe that my little boy was THAT sick."
"Yeah it's a weird thing," Ashton spoke, "what we're going to do is a bone marrow test. That means that we're going to take a sample of his hip bone and then we'll sent the sample up to the lab."
Niall sighed and cried a bit. "Does he need to stay here?" he wanted to know.
"Sadly yes," Ashton said as he quickly paged one of his nurses, "because we don't know what's wrong with him. If it isn't leukemia than he's in the right spot to get tested."
Niall sighed as he wiped away the tears that were pouring down his face away.
"If you could wake him that would be perfect," Ashton explained as a knock on the door was heard, "a doctor Hood glad you are here."
Niall looked over his shoulder in order to be met with an Asian looking man.
"Calum Hood," the man introduced himself to Niall, "pediatrician oncology."
Niall responded by introducing himself to the lad and waking Liam up.
"Lili," Niall said, "Wake up buddy."
Liam slowly got up and watched how many people had filt the room.
He was taken aback and snuggled deeper into his dad's jacket since that was the most familiar in this situation.
"Hello Liam," Calum said as he crunched down to be Liam his height, "my name is Calum and that's Ashton. We explained your daddy what where going to do. Do you like to hear that as well?"
Liam nodded while shaking the unfamiliar hand of Calum.
"Alright," Calum answered as he shove a chair towards Liam, "I'll explain to you."
Liam slowly began to feel more comfortable with the man.
"What we're going to do is taking some blood from you," Calum started as he watched Liam his face which was surprisingly calm, "you won't feel a thing of it because we'll give you something to sleep. But we need to get a needle in your hand first."
"I no scared," Liam soflty spoke while ducking his thumb.
Calum smiled and hold his hand out. "Come one my little superman," he said. Liam giggled and walked behind Calum to get a testthat could change his and Nialls life forever.
Niall waited for Liam to get out of sight when he got Hsu phone with trembling hands.
"Hey Ni what's up," Niall heard the sweet voice of Zayn.
"Zayn," Niall cried, "can you come to the hospital please."
**
"Mr Horan," Ashton said as he entered the room. Liam had fallen asleep in his bed he had and Niall waited with Zayn, at the edge of their chairs.
"I'm sorry," Ashton managed to choke out. Niall looked at Zayn and had tears streaming down his face.
--------------------------------------------------------
First three months of chemo.
"Liam don't act up now," Niall sternly said as the three of them were about to go to the hospital.
"But I don't want to," he cried out, "it makes me feel icky." Niall sighed and he must admit, his heart was breaking by seeing his boy so furnable. Yes he looked extremely sick, his skin was completely pale and his eyes were falling back inside his head.
"Alright let's make a deal," Zayn said as he picked up Liam, "how about I'll het you some ice cream on the way home and eat some pizza?"
Liam looked up at Zayn and nodded. Because this chemo wasn't really strong today, Liam shouldn't be staying there for too long. Maybe 2 to 3 hours after the last chemo droplet had entered his body.
Liam loved Zayn. After that he got diagnosed with acute leukemia, Zayn was always there for him and Niall.
"Did you get your homework with you?" Zayn asked just before they hopped into the car. Mister Styles had made Liam a package right away when he heard Liam was sick, so that he wasn't behind on his classmates.
Liam nodded and pulled out the iPad. The trip to the hospital wasn't long but the iPad was giving Liam the distraction that he just needed.
Niall was driving the car while Zayn was on his phone. Neither of them had noticed Liam going pale in the back of the car. It was until he slowly tapped Zayn his shoulder.
"What's up buddy?" Zayn asked turning around. Before he could get Liam to answer, Zayn immediately shouted to Niall to stop the car.
Niall immediately pulled over and Zayn rushed over to the side of Liam.
He sat a bucket under his chin before Liam forcefully threw up.
" It's okay bud," Zayn whispered. Zayn rubbed Liam his back. Niall was wiping away his tears.
"You done?" Zayn asked. Liam nodded and gave it back to Zayn.
"I'll sit with you in the back," Niall offered. He threw Zayn the car keys and snuggled into the side of his little kid.

"Alright Liam you know the procedure," Calum told him. Liam nodded and took up his shirt.
There was a small incision where Calum could connect the chemo to.
"Alright now don't move around a lot anymore for like 3 to 4 hours," Calum said as he was checking the supplies.
Liam was unpacking his homework and pencils when Calum made eye contact with Niall and waved him over to the hallway.
"Alright Mr Horan I'm going to cut it short," Calum sighed, "the chemo isn't having the effect we hoped for. This means that we can't do anything anymore for Liam. We tried different chemo therapies bu-."
Niall didn't let Callum finish the sentence.
"How long?" he asked with tears in his eyes. Calum looked up with a sad view. "I would say 3 to 4 weeks," he answered.
Niall nodded but wasn't going to tell Liam. His child who was so cheerful and positive was now about to die right in front of his eyes.
Niall thanked Calum for everything and went back into the room.
Liam was making his homework while Zayn was organizing an art showoff. Zayn looked up from hsi laptop and saw that Niall had cried.
He shook his head in disbelieve but Niall nodded sadly.
Liam wasn't aware of the two grownups holding back their tears. He instead was too busy focused on getting his math done, thinking that was his only problem at the moment.
He fought for every single day he got to live and Niall saw that in his youngster. He wasn't prepared to let go of him.
---------------------------------------------------—-
3 weeks later
"I'm so sorry for your loss," some mother of Liam his classmates said while she shook Niall his hand. Niall nodded and wiped away the tears.
The funeral was beautiful. The coffin was white but Zayn had painted it with different styles that defined Liam.
Liam passed away 2 nights after his birthday. He passed away in the arms of Niall and Zayn after asking them if there were fries is heaven and if Niall and Zayn would visit him sometime soon.
Liam was well aware that he was dying because Zayn and Niall explained every detail they knew to him.
The party was amazing. Liam had invited all his friends from school and a day later Harry came by to see how his favorite child was doing.
And now, 4 days later, they're standing on the graveyard.
All Liam his classmates sung one of his favorite songs when the coffin was lowered into the grave. Niall could see that Liam was loved by the others since all of them bailed their eyes out.
Every kid got a white balloon while the adult threw some earth on the coffin.
All the classmates and other children from the school gattered around the coffin and let up the balloons. This was Liam biggest and last party ever.
Niall looked up to the skies and blew a kiss.
"I'll never forget you buddy," he whispered, "I'll never forget you....."