Chapter 21

Elizabeth grabbed four cups of ale before heading over and serving them to some customers. Ever since what happened at Vaizel, me and her were making our way slowly back to Liones. Because at every town we have made at stop. It was Elizabeth's idea as she wants to make sure the tavern still has money for Meliodas. She is still clinging onto the hope that Meliodas is still alive somehow. I understand that Meliodas was complete unpredictable and was seen as extraordinary person sometimes referred as a god in present day. Yet, he kept his secrets and was flawed like others. Heck, he was even the son of the demon king, but as that silver haired man said when all seven hearts of a demon are destroyed they will die no matter how strong they are. So what would make Meliodas any special? Only that he is the son of the demon king.

But i won't hurt... I can't hurt Elizabeth's spirit anymore. She's been fragile after Meliodas's death and well Y/n's disappearance.
Which I'm very worried about Y/n, all i know is that she went to go help Meliodas but arrived when he died. The crystal ball was then unable to see what was happening, it was just black. Than she was gone. All that remained of her was the scarf my sister had made for her. It was slightly damaged but otherwise alright. The commandments might of taken her and...

killed her but she won't die properly.
She'll just come back, but if that was the case i would of thought she would of joined back up with us with somebody new. But it's nearly been four weeks since the fighting festival.
And nothing.
I'll just keep my hopes up that she's safe. I'll keep the scarf safe until she comes back. It's just tied around my wrist for now. It is a bit weird with my jacket being in the way but I've gotten used to. But I don't wear my jacket that often anymore as i spend most my time in the tavern and the tavern does have a furnace in it. So it gets a bit toasty. So I mostly leave it in my room to avoid feeling like I'm in hell.

I noticed Elizabeth beginning to walk back over to me probably for the next cups of ale.
"Are you doing alright Elizabeth? You can take a break and i'll handle serving for a bit. Or well Hawk could serve and I'll continue cooking and pouring ale." She just shook her head at my statement. She picked up the next tray.

"It's fine Christine. I can handle it. I have to keep working hard for Meliodas and Y/n!" She than walked off to serve more customers. If you are wondering, she still stumbled a bit but not as bad as used to.
I kept staring at her as she walked to another table. I was feeling pity for her which I didn't want to feel.

Elizabeth...

Some small footsteps could be heard besides me. I looked towards it and Hawk was standing there beside me. He looked concerned.
"Are you alright Christine? You look upset"
"I'm worried about Elizabeth. She's working to hard. And the reason is she's working hard for them. I don't want to hurt her but Meliodas is dead. Even though his body has decayed yet, it's probably because he is a demon. But she thinks he is still alive. And for Y/n... We don't even know if she is alive or dead. What if Elizabeth works so hard for her but she ends up being dead? I don't want her to be crushed."

"Hey Christine! Don't give up hope yet!
We don't know if Meliodas is truly dead or if Y/n is. Who knows? Meliodas is always full of surprises and Y/n is the one and only sin of insanity. Also she can't die from what you've told me. So Elizabeth is just working hard until they get back to action and than those demons won't know what hit them." Hawk. I wish I could believe you but I just can't.
Even if Y/n is my best friend, I want to believe she's alive but if she isn't dead, that means she'll be with the demon race or maybe she just left us.
I should just stop thinking about this now and continue working.

-~-~-~-~-~-

The tavern had closed for the day. We decided to give Hawk's mom a rest so we would start travelling again tomorrow. Though we should be arriving at Lioness in maybe a few more days, a week at most. I guess then I could have a proper rest even though I won't be able to resting fully until the Ten Commandments are gone.