Chapter 3 - Strange Noises Now And Again

♡Note - I'm probably doing all of the "P.o.v's" wrong, but this is my first book that people have read so please don't judge me about it. If you have any tips please tell me, thank you! Also I put a siren head song by CG5 into it in case you'd like to listen to something now and again, enjoy! ♡

2nd Person's P.o.v

A few more months had passed since the News report. You kept having the feeling of *being watched*, as a lot of people would say in the movies you watched growing up. After the night of the report you had found it hard to sleep, along with sound of sirens ringing in your ears. You felt like that for awhile and you started to think that every so often a single, loud, siren could be heard most nights before dozing off into your sleep.

Everytime you heard the strange noises now and again you would keep pestering yourself with unanswerable questions. 'Was someone trying to scare me? Did they know something about me? Was it to do with the missing man?'
(P/n) on the other had slept fine each night, not having a care in the world.

You kept your normal routine every day as usual, and each night you were always exhausted from the work you unsucceeded in finding out. Eventually one night you just collapsed onto your bed, but that same night the presence that lurked outside your house a few months ago was back, both of you unaware of each other's presence. This time it was much closer...

Your P.o.v - (Flashback in the form of a dream)

"I promise you (Y/n), it won't be for long. Your dad and I just need to head out for a couple of hours, that's all!" It was my mother (M/n) speaking. Usually when I'm in a bad mood I address them as 'mother' and 'father' instead of mom and dad.

"Can't you just leave it till tomorrow?! I mean, look at how dark it is already outside! Who knows what could be out there and-" I was panicking. "(Y/n) sweetie, please calm down, this isn't the first time we've left you alone. My mother said. "You're a big girl, 17 years old as a matter of fact!" Included my dad, whilst he was in the middle of packing the family jeep.

"I know but...it just doesn't feel right...I know it" I stated, my mother gave me a guilty look. (M/n) turned to (D/n). "Maybe this isn't such a good idea (D/n), I mean, what happens if (Y/n) gets sick? Who will look after her?" I never thought about being sick as an excuse for them to stay, so as the amazing actress I was I pretended to start coughing really badly all of a sudden.

I was having fun at this point when mom turned back to me. "Oh my god! Are you alright darling?!" She rushes over to you and starts being a proper mom to me, she checks my temperature and she was about to rush into the house to get more things for me when dad stopped her. "(M/n) don't be fooled! How the heck did she suddenly get sick, hmm?" Dad knew my tricks too well, and it only took a bit more convincing for mom to realise it too.

"(Y/f/n)! (Your full name) This isn't a joking matter!? You could have been really sick!" Dad started to chuckle, realising that I reminded him so much of himself when he was my age. He turned back to me after the jeep was loaded. "Right, that should be everything, goodbye (Y/n)" Said Dad before walking up to me and giving me a bear hug. I replied "Bye...dad" before mom came up and started kissing my forehead for who knows how long and how many times! "MOM! STOP! Geezs I'd rather you leave now before I regret asking you to stay!" I cried, embarrassed with the situation. I'm 17 for God's sake, I didn't need that treatment!

Nobody's P.o.v

"Alright, alright! We're going, we're going!" Soon enough your mom was in the jeep when she said her final words before in took off down the narrow, dirt, road through the nearby forest/woods.

You stood there waving them off, and you kept standing there until they were fully out of sight. Once that was gone you went to go back into the house, but you couldn't.

As if a force was stopping you from getting back into the comfort of your own home. You were frozen. Panick started to overtake you. To make matters more terrifying you heard the distant screams of a man and a woman. You started yelling, knowing who the voices belonged to, but you were still stuck. Tears rolled down your cheeks and as you looked off in to the distance, crying out to sound of your parents screams when-

Wee...

Woooo...

...They started to become louder...

Weeeeeeeee...

Wooooooooooooooo...

...And Louder...

WEEE-

(End of your nightmare)

You shot up, startled from the nightmare. You looked at your surroundings, you were on the floor of your bedroom. "Wh-what the!-" Relief hit you when you realised it was just a nightmare, but you were still confused on how that memory in your nightmare had sirens in it? You didn't remember that when you last talked to your parents, and yet again that was 5 years ago, you're 22 now.

It suddenly hit you that you're alarm clock was going off. You became more relieved, knowing that the sirens in the dream were probably the imagination of you alarm. "I really need to get more sleep, my imagination and hearing is going bzzerk!" You said this to yourself with a slight chuckle as you went over to turn of the alarm.

What suprised you when you went to turn of the alarm, was that it wasn't that loud in the first place, meaning that something else was make the racket. As if on que the strange noises stared to die down but it still could be heard faintly by you. You never got the chance to install a burglar alarm and your fire alarm made a different noise...

so what could it be?...