VII. Training Part 1

My third chapter collaborating with Eloi. I hope this will be fun.

John Lancer, now free from imprisonment, decided to uphold his deal of protecting the Kal'dorei's borders from the Horde's encroaching intrusion. For that, he decided to better his fighting skills, especially with his annihilan body.

Weighing the options, it seems that he must work on his speed and agility, along with further intelligence in combat situations, if he is to become formidable and worthy of fear to his future enemies. He knew most races viewed the pit lords as dumb, hulking brutes and that he could use that to his advantage by catching them off guard. He would try to not repeat the event where Mannoroth underestimated Grommash Hellscream.

With his decision finalized, he asked Tyrande Whisperwind on where there would be an open field for him to train his speed and intuition.

"Lady Tyrande, pardon me, but is there an open field for me to use as a training ground? If I am to uphold my end of the deal, I think it's best for me to train." John inquired

"Your massive strength and size alone are a threat already. What do you wish to improve on?"

"I will heavily improve on my speed and agility. The running show I demonstrated earlier is only one of the facets of my agility goals that I have started to undertake. After all, they'd expect me to be really slow. And if the time comes I will take on another large beast, like another annihilan or a dragon, this training will definitely help."

"You have a point, demon. And, may I ask your name again?"

"Lancer. John Lancer. Just to remind you, I only 'possess' this body."

"That would explain your oddly human name."

"That's cuz I'm actually human. Just trying to get used to the new me."

"If nothing else is occurring, we shall begin your training."

Tyrande led the group, including John, to an open space behind the Cenarion Enclave and beside the Howling Oak.

"Okay then. I'll try to run as fast as I could back and forth. Guys, try to keep up with me, so that I would know how fast I am going."

"You're on, beast!" Ilyaria responded

"Ready when you are" Eloimaya replied

"I will be the benchmark. Show me your capabilities against Ash'alah. Remember, this is not only about straight-line speed. Your turning speed will also be of equal importance. We shall repeat this three times." Tyrande spoke, then rode her mount

"All right. Let's race." he replied

John, Tyrande, Eloimaya, Raene, Ilyaria, Silenia, and Merah readied themselves for the speed run from Cenarion Enclave to Howling Oak. A referee, the female guard John humilated earlier at the gate, also acknowledged by him as 'moss-for-brains', was to give the signal.

"Ready"

Everybody's muscles tensed up.

"Steady"

Their stares became hard and cold as steel, then...

"GO!!!!"