VIII. Training Part 2

"So, what weapons would you prefer?" Tyrande asked John

"Um, let's just say, throw me with every weapon you got just to be safe." He replied

"Fair point. Now, the dilemma is that we mostly lack something for your size." She responded

(By the way, John's size is 1/3 less than Mannoroth.)

"Hmm, now that's a problem. Wait, do you have something like a mace or a chainball?" He asked

"We do not. However, we do have an anchor from a sunken ship in the armory. We were going to sell it to the Alliance for goods and supplies." She answered

"That'll do. By the way, is it rusty? If it is, I'll be happy to polish it."

"The anchor is quite in good condition. We try to maintain it to keep it's value. It comes with the chain."

"I'll take it. Now, where do we train? I know you guys love nature, but what will be my target? I doubt you'd let me decimate one tree. How about a boulder?"

"Come with me to the armory."

All of them ventured to the armory. It was filled with elven weaponry, such as bows, staffs, daggers, glaives, etc. but John kept his eye on the large anchor. To him, it was a suitable weapon, as it could crush, bludgeon, and penetrate some materials, and with the chain it could be a semi-ranged weapon.

He approached the anchor, and held it. To him, it felt like a baseball bat. He had fair amounts of practice in swinging one. They left the armory when John took the anchor. They ventured outside the gates, with stares from the citizens still evident. They were wondering why the beast was walking with them without resistance, and why it carried an anchor.

In the vast wilderness, Tyrande gave special clearance to allow John to use the weapon in his own style, as he might damage more than a tree or two.

"John, try to use the anchor."

He slowly swung the anchor by the chain, and gradually increased the speed. When he gained enough momentum, he released it and let it launch towards a tree which snapped in half, and then a boulder behind it cracked from the impact. He then pulled it, causing it to drag another tree, completely uprooting it.

"RRAAAAUGGHH!!" He roared, completely forgetting his new deep guttural voice that scared off some animals around.

The others watched the results, and that it showed promise on his combat capability.

"WELL, if I have this much strength, I wonder if I can do this"

He slowly raised his front legs and upper body high off the ground, then stomped as hard as he could. "YYYAAAAAAAUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" This caused the ground near him to shake, tremble and crack, and the others tumbled from the sudden quake. 

"Holy shit. I can do the war stomp of them pit lords. Now, for another test."

"RRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" He tried to do the Howl of Terror

Surprisingly, it worked on the girls, except Tyrande and Raene. Eloimaya was a bit terrified. Merah, Silenia, and Ilyaria strangely felt a tinge of fear that chilled them to the bone.

"Oh my God! Sorry if I scared you guys. I promise I won't do it to you again!! I'll do another thing."

They snapped out of it, and wondered what he was going to do next. They saw him walk to a large fallen tree that was quite hard and sturdy.

"Okay, let's see if my Taekwondo pays off here."

He took a slow breath, and focused. He readied his right arm and fist. After a few seconds, he channeled his strength, and struck fast. When his fist hit the tree, it turned some of it into splinters and chips. He decided to do the same with a boulder, and it cracked, then fell apart.

"Well, that didn't quite hurt. At least I could crush somebody in their armor."

"Are you done with your training? Is there anything else?"

"Yes. Can you test my punching speed? Like, can you summon fast targets intended to test my reflexes?"

"I believe I can. I've got to say, your demands leave me curious." Tyrande replied

"Me too. Let's see what you got." Eloimaya replied

"Thanks. I just want to be able to fight even without weapons. What's the use of my strength if I'm just a slow meatbag? They'll still tire me eventually. I will try to use my tail also."

Tyrande and Eloimaya summoned orbs that would suddenly appear, and John would try to punch each orb as fast as he could.

The first orb appeared, and he drew his first punch as fast as he could. Orb after orb appeared, and he hit most of them in the time frame of them fading away. When he felt an orb behind him, he swinged around and hit it. Another orb appeared in his rear end, and when he felt it, he used his tail like a massive whip, and hit it. A bright orb appeared near one of his legs, and he quickly kicked it. Other orbs appeared in his other legs, and he hit most.

He was beginning to tire and profusely sweat, as his massive muscles were quite a chore to bear when it came to endurance. He kept in mind that he would increase his endurance levels in the future when opportunities came.

All in all, the results showed great interest in Tyrande and the others, as massive creatures like him were usually slow. If he could combine strength, speed, agility, stamina, and intelligence in one, he could become quite the formidable adversary to the Horde and maybe even the Legion itself too.

"Well, if I were to be able to punch faster, and use my weapons faster, hell I'd feel sorry for the poor sucker who'd try to kill me. I can run fast now, turn fast now, and at least punch quicker than a normal pit lord."

Suddenly, a messenger arrived scurrying to Tyrande.

"Priestess! A message has been delivered to you. It concerns some of the Alliance members visiting here in Darnassus." A Sentinel guard alerted Tyrande

"Speak. Who are the visitors?"

"It is Jaina Proudmoore and Varian Wrynn. They wish to discuss of the Horde's encroaching actions."

"I see. If that is the case, we must settle this. When do they arrive?"

"They are expected to arrive within the next hour."

"Wait, Varian and Jaina?! Oh shit, I've got to hide! Do you think they'd like seeing a pit lord chilling in here??" John exclaimed

"Well, you could play the prisoner part again."Raene suggested

"Ok, fine. At least you guys don't hate me anymore. If I have the chance to talk, let me. It's best if they become my allies too, just so shit doesn't fuck up in the future." John panned in agreement

"Tyrande, tell your people not to say anything about me! Let them see me for themselves if they ever get curious. I want to get diplomatic with them, even if it may be hard."

"You are quite bold, young Lancer. If things go well, you may have a chance. Very well, we will try to present you an opportunity."

"Nice thinking. Making your enemies your friends, just like you did with us." Eloimaya remarked

"Thank you guys! Now, with an hour left, can I at least get something to eat? I don't wanna become 'hangry' during the meeting."

"Of course, but what does 'hangry' mean?" Tyrande asked

"A word formed from hungry and angry. Basically, if you are hungry, you might be prone to anger." John answered

Merah, Silenia, and Ilyaria chuckled. They never thought that combining two plain words would actually become quite funny.

"I have to admit, your vocabulary is quite strange. Still, I find 'hangry' quite funny." Ilyaria laughed

He had almost forgotten the fact that he was in the Cataclysm timeline. Neltharion's rearrival would put Azeroth to the test once more. Soon enough, he would realize the impact that he would have in this universe.

And, to be honest he was alone in his journey here. Or was he?

Tune in for the First Special Chapter.