Special Chapter

John, a native of Newark, New Jersey,  wasn't a complete loner. He had one peculiar friend who was the crazy type, and was really good at gaming. They met in a Gamescom convention, and decided to converse the entire day even after the event.

His name was Rick Redford. He lived in Brooklyn, New York. He was a clever student, but was mentally unstable in many ways. He could be impulsive, and even others would call him a psychopath, due to his mannerisms that kind of resembled the Joker's, especially the laugh.

When he met John Lancer, he felt that he finally found a good friend. One who would appreciate him for who he is. Both of them nearly sold their soul just to get tickets to Germany in order to attend the convention.

They attended the Games Convention event, and enjoyed every bit of it. When time came for them to return to the United States, they boarded the same plane on a flight to Kennedy International Airport, and decided to spend their 10 hours conversing, and their decision to continue talking to each other online in games like WoW, CS:GO, Dota 2, etc.

When they landed in JFK, Rick and John greeted each other goodbye before they left for their hometowns.

They kept playing together online. The day when John suddenly went offline in his Blizzard account made him wonder what happened. An hour after the electrocution event in John's house, Rick was fried by a lightning bolt when he went outside his yard to get all his hanged laundry inside during a rainy night.

He thought that he was dead. Until..... he woke up in a forest at nearly dusk, and when he looked at himself, he seemed to wear some raggedy clothes and some armor. Soon enough, he recognized that he was in the Warcraft universe due to the insignia of the Alliance he saw, and he deduced that he was in Stormwind. 

He decided to try to enter the city, but realized that he looked like a bandit. In order to try to get past, he played the part of a peasant just coming back from travel. He ditched his armor, and left the rags on him. He walked to the entrance, and was halted by a guard.

"Halt there. What's your name, peasant?"

"My name is Alaric. I have been robbed by bandits on the way here. I wish to fill myself with drink and food, then rest myself." Rick answered

"My condolences to you, sir. May you rest. Pass." the guard answered

He ventured to the Valley of Heroes, and when he was well past the guards, he chuckled.

"Hoohoohoo! Stupid motherfuckers. Heheh." He grinned maniacally and tried to keep his laughter to a minimum in order to avoid suspicion.

When he looked at his reflection in the water at the bridge, he was rather surprised.

"Jesus on a wheelchair. I look like Leonardo fucking DiCaprio! Well, at least I'm a looker, heheh."

He headed towards the city's inner parts, and basically enjoyed his stroll through the Trade District and reveled in the sights. He was glad that he was not in a role-play bullshit kind of thing, for this was the real deal.

What caught his eye, however, was Jaina Proudmoore walking with Varian Wrynn and 8 soldiers. He wondered where those guys would go, and decided to follow them. He acted naturally to prevent prying eyes from locking in on him. He heard their conversation.

"My king, I believe this meeting will help us further in dealing with the Horde." Jaina spoke

"I only hope this will end it, for I find this quite bothersome. We better get quickly on that fast ship to Darnassus. This will help us get there fast." Varian replied

"I hope the messenger arrived there at the port in Ruth'eran already." Jaina added in

Darnassus? the night elf capital? This piqued his interest due to his partial ADHD, and decided to sneak onboard. He went ahead of them in the harbor by  several minutes, and arrived.

He tried to find the ship where the two would board. He decided to check the logs for who would board which ship. He found the list where their names would be.

Remembering the 8 escorts that were with them, he decided to assume disguise when he found an opportunity. He hid in the ship's storage for a while. It was fortunate the captain did not notice his presence.

Inside, he was gleefully hopping like a crazed clown due to the easiness of the situation. Soon enough, Jaina and Varian boarded. When time came for the ship to sail that night, he had to play it cool for the entire voyage. Below deck, he waited for an opportunity.

While the ship was sailing at a good speed, he was running out of patience.

"Gotta find a footman to replace... otherwise if they count the men I'll be so fucked if they see one extra."

He saw a soldier about his height going to sleep near the storage, and decided to knock him out with a hit on the head. He stole his clothes and stashed them in the storage room. Then he dragged him to the cannon deck, and pushed him out a cannon port.

He was able to pull it off, as the others were already in deep sleep and he did it quietly. And the noise of the waves blocked out the splash from the dropped soldier.

"Hehehe. Let's see if this works tomorrow." He said, then went to sleep.

He wore the clothes the next morning, and decided to act normal in order to keep things straight. He went to sleep in the late afternoon.

Soon enough, later that night, they arrived in the port in Darnassus. He heard the captain's shouting for arrival at destination, and woke up. He quickly assumed position of the soldier that he just threw overboard while everyone was asleep the previous night.

He waited for Jaina and Varian to start walking. The horses were ready at the port, and he rode with them. They were on the way to the capital.

Meanwhile, an hour earlier, the messenger alerted Tyrande of Jaina and Varian's arrival.