1

Dereck on the left, Niko (Nao's mom) on the right

Nao (nie-oh)

"You sure you in love mom? It could just be infatuation."

She smiled. "I've been in love before Nao I know what it feels like. And even though what I feel now isn't the magnitude of love I felt for your father it comes very close baby. You have to give him a chance. It's not like we're getting married right now. We're just moving in. Long distance is to much. "

Shit was finally good again. Nobody in Atlanta knew bout our past and I liked it like that.

"Okay, So why couldnt they move to Atlanta ? Why do we have to leave our lives behind and come to Baton Rouge. I feel like I'm moving in with strangers." I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Well now we can all get acquainted. Ik you loved it being just the two of us, but nothings gonna change the relationship we have baby. Your forever going to be my everything, but I have to give this a real chance, if after a month you still feel this way we'll move back home. We still own the house it's just being rented out, and at the end of the day no one comes before you and your happiness," She reassured me.

I felt selfish. My mom was sad for soo long after my dad died we both were, and as much as I didn't want to move now that things were finally back to normal. I wanted her to have a second chance at happiness. After all My whole life she's made sure a smile stayed on my face.

"We're here!" She smiled looking towards me.

We pulled up to a average sized house. Dereck met us outside.

"How was the drive?" he said bringing in my mom for a kiss before turning to me for a hug.

"It wasn't bad,"she said. "I've made longer drives."

I headed for the house leaving them to their conversation. Most of our stuff was already here. My mom is very oraganized and had the movers beat us here.

I'd never seen a house like this. When you walking in you can either  go down stairs or upstairs. I think they call it a split level home.

I'm not gonna lie that shit was nice asf

I'm not gonna lie that shit was nice asf. My mom said her and Derek's room was upstairs and my room was downstairs.I started to smirk thinking bout all the things I could get away with. I decided I'd explore the upstairs  later and went down stairs to find my room I was tired asf. The downstairs looked like a lil miniature apartment. There were two bedrooms a living room and a bathroom. It was nice asf and had big walk in shower and a tub with a hot tub setting. After checking out the bathroom. I took a guess at which room was mine and walked into the room at the end of the lil hall on the right. Kentrell room was right across from mine. The room was already decorated nice  so I knew I wouldn't add much. I started to unpack my stuff which wasn't much. I honestly didn't think we'd be here long. As long as we still owned our house back in Atlanta this was  just temporary.