17

Nao

After taking care of my hygiene I decided to call Quincy.

"Hey baby, he said when I picked up the phone. "I was worried about you. You weren't answering my calls."

I ain't shit I thought to my self.

"I know, I'm sorry it was a long night." I sighed.

"You okay, you want to talk about it?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"No, I just miss you," I said my voice cracking.

"Are you bout ta cry," Quincey asked. I could hear the worry in his voice.

"No," I lied as tears came down my face.

"What's wrong baby girl, talk to me, I'm sorry I flaked last night. It didn't have anything to do with you. My grandma didn't feel well and-"

"No no no your fine," I said cutting him off. "I don't deserve you," I said my voice shaking.

"What are you talking bout baby girl, You're wrong, I don't deserve you," he said trying to reassure me.

I sniffled into the phone.

"Don't cry baby," he sighed. Its okay. I'm getting in the car now. Imma come get you. We can talk about what's got you down like this and try to fix it."

Before I could say anything he hung up the phone.

I sunk to the floor as the tears came flooding out. It was clear. He's who I needed. Who I wanted. I couldn't break his heart he was too good.