27

* 2 weeks later*

Nao

I'd been staying with Quincy and his grandma for two weeks now and things were perfect with us. Life was perfect. I was genuinely happy. Quincy shows me his world and what life down here could be like  more and more each day that I'm here. Were like two best friends who just so happened to be in love. We talked about any and everything. He was the best when it comes to no judgment. I talked to my mom every day and went home occasionally to see her. She thought I was staying with Quincy to help him take care of his sick grandma, not that she'd really be mad if I told her the truth. She loved Quincy. I also went home to see me  friends or to work on the final project with Khalil. My teachers all thought I had the flu this whole time I'd been gone so I knew I'd have to come back tonight. I was all out of absences and I needed to graduate.

"Baeeee! Come on I have to go," I exclaimed trying to get free.

"Stay one more night," he said kissing my neck.

"Quincy," I moaned. "Really bae, I got to go. You know that.

"He placed his head in the crook of my neck. When you graduate.. maybe we can think about gettin a place togetha."

I lifted his head up so that he was looking at me. I felt a smile creep onto my face.

"Our bond was so tight that together or not id still move in with him." I thought to myself.

"That's definetly something we're gonna talk about," I said kissing him.

He slowly stood up smiling down at me.

"Come on ma," he said giving me his hand. "let's get you home...For now," he said grabbing my ass and kissing my neck.

Kentrell

I musta really fucked up things with nao cause the last time we spoke was our fight. I guess she meant everything she said to ah nigga. I wanted to apologize but ion even think that'll help nun.

I was in the studio by myself  tonight trapped in my thoughts. I turned the lights all the way down laying back on the couch while I finished my blunt. There was a beat I'd been sitting on for a min. I closed my eyes hearing it come on. "Be with the one who love you,"I sung to myself.. "I know he can treat you better.." "I ain't got no trust, that's why I duck you
When I know I should do better, when I know I should be better, I do better"

I layed my blunt down and stepped in the booth. I put my headphones on before starting the beat ova.
I closed my eyes feeling the beat again.

"Be with the one who love you
I know he can treat you better
I ain't got no trust, that's why I duck you
When I know I should do better,
when I know I should be better, I do better
Let me love you in my own way, that's from a distance
I said "Fuck you", I was on them drugs and I was trippin'
I can't be for you 'cause I'm not for no one, but like no one, I'll be there for you
I'ma have your back and blow my strap just like a thug do
Please don't leave your nigga for Lil Top, oh (don't do it)
'Cause that's a snake and I won't cherish her, no slime
I won't be competin' for my spot (I ain't doin' no competin')
I know my worth, is you gon' be with me or not?
Archive, achieve, please take back me
I've been payin' all these hoes for them to not post me on IG
She be hidin' that she a fan, she bump this music soon as I leave
Alright, learn it, so we can rap together, I just want you all for me"

Nao

"Honestly bae, when I graduate we should travel see the world."

He looked at me smiling before focusing on the road. "Oh yeah?"

"Yes, I cant believe you haven't been anywhere outside of Louisiana!" I exclaimed. "Traveling helps discover who you truly are and we'll create meaningful relationships along the way. Meet different people and have places to come back to later on. It'll force us to take in new and refreshing perspectives. And not even just that, the adventure! The adrenaline rush. We can  Zip-line over the jungle canopy in Peru,  play with elephants in South east asia. Island hop the Carribean. These  are adventures worth having."

I looked at Quincy. "Baby are you hearing me ? "Traveling won't just ease our transition into the next stage of our lives, it'll give us an opportunity to look back on where we've been, where were  going, and where we want to end up. It'll be filled with not just happiness but challenges too and overcoming  challenges gives us some of the greatest feelings of all.

Quincy smiled at me squeezing my thye. I placed my hand on his.

"Sorry, I'm rambling. I get excited talking about living life, Especially with you."

"I just remember being depressed after my dad died, and not being able to even imagine ever coming out of it. All I thought about was how much better it would be if I weren't here anymore. The thought of living made me sick. It took years for me to get a healthy mind again," I said lowly.

"No matter what happens," Quincy said with a seriousness in his voice looking between me and the road. "You have to promise me you'll remember this conversation. You'll remember this feeling. You'll remember why your life is worthe living. I've been there too. But I'll never forget the look in my grandmas eyes when she walked in on me. Suicide doesn't end the pain it just gives it someone else."

"And you had me at "see the world" but I enjoyed listening to your explanation," he said smiling again.

"I love you," he said squeezing my hand.

"I love you t-

"What the? BABY WATCH OUT!"