28

Nao

"Nao, Nao, can you hear me?"

I blinked a couple times trying to adjust to the brightness of the room.

"You're in the hospital. You were in a Car accident but your okay," the young black women in scrubs said to me.

I felt disoriented and my head was pounding. My body ached everywhere. Causing me to groan as I tried to sit up.

"Mm-om," I tried my best to say but my throat was soar and raspy.

"It's okay baby," my mom said squeezing my hand. "how do you feel?" She asked moving my hair out my face gently.

"I'm sore all over." 

"That' normal," the nurse arrsured me. "I'll get you something for that."

I shook my head no. "I want to see my boyfriend first. "Quincy Brown,"

I watched as my mom and the nurse exchanged looks.

"I'm fine, I just need to see him and make sure he's okay then I'll come back and rest." I said trying to be convincing.

My mom looked down at me sadly slowly shaking her head.

I felt tears form in my eyes. "Just 2 minutes," I said my voice cracking.

"During the accident the doctor trailed off,"

"What?" I asked cutting her off. "During the accident what?"

"When the police arrived to the scene the other vehicle was gone. A hit and run. Damages to the road and your car suggested that the other vehicle swerved into your lane. Your boyfriend, Mr.brown shielded you, taking most of the impact he was dead on collision."

"No no no," I said shaking my head forcibly. Tears were crashing out my eyes. "Your lying!" I yelled. "I need to see him now!"

"When the police got to y'all he was still on top of you. He saved your life.

I wasn't trying to hear what the nurse was telling me.

"I'm sorry for your loss mam," she said before leaving out the room.

"He's not dead," I exclaimed. I couldn't except that. He was too good. To deserving of life. It should have been me.

In that instant I felt like my heart was about to jump out my chest. I tried to suck in air but it was as though there was no more oxygen in the room.

I felt my mom trying to calm me down.

"Nurse! Nurse!"she exclaimed.

"Your having a panick attack," the nurse said rushing back in and over to me. "Breathe," she said coaching me. "You have to breathe baby." "You're ok," she said grabbing my hands trying to comfort me.

I kept sucking in air like it was my last. I couldn't calm down. I pulled on the cords that were hooked to me. I felt trapped. The voices around began to sound muffled. Before I knew it a sense of  sedation took over me before I blanked out.

************************************************

Say what y'all want bout Quincy but he loved him some Nao. Saved her life like a real one should. RIP 😭 ❤️🤣