3

Quincy in the mm.

Nao

"We here,"3 said shaking me.

"Sorry," I told him after realizing I fell asleep on his shoulder.

He shrugged. "It ain't nothin ma, we all like to ride comfortable."

I smiled straightening myself up. We waited for Kentrell  and Aaliyah to get out so we could put down the second row and get out ourselves but they was to busy flirting.

3 cleared his throat. "Ight love birds," 3 said pushing on their seat.

Aliyah grabbed Kentrell's  hand mugging 3Three as they got out the car.

We left the parking garage ending up on bourbon street in the French quarter. I'd never been until now but I'd heard about it. Words were nothing comparing to being here in person. I looked around. It was going on 5 so it was gonna get dark soon . The streets were packed being that it was a Friday night.

"Da city going up tonight son!" joe said checking out girls passing by.

"Mane focus son," 3 said to joe. "We hittin da studio tonight."

Ben looked at joe with a smirk on his face.

I'm guessing studio time wasn't stopping nothing I thought to myself.

"Ight, Boosie sent me the addy," kentrell said checking his phone.

"Come onnn bae you don't want to be late," aaliyah said grabbing his hand.

I rolled my eyes turning to walk the opposite direction of them.

They was all to deep jocin that they didn't notice I was gone. It didn't matter tho kentrell said I wasn't invited and Idgaf.

I walked down the strip. Window gazing at all the shops and restaurants.

"Come come," An older women said to me, "Let's read fortune." She said ushering me to her shop "Voodoo Charm".

The smell of sage filled my nose as we entered the small shop.  It was dim the only source of light coming from candles lit within the shop surrounding us. Voodoo dolls, fresh herbs, and antique jewlery covered the walls and tables.

"This way," she said moving the drapes  out of my way so that I could get through and follow her to the back.

"Sit," she said gesturing to the seat across from her at a round table.

The alphabet was engraved on the the table top.  I started to rethink coming here, but I was already in way to deep. I looked up at her. She was a beautiful old lady with long gray hair and piercing green eyes that complimented her dark brown skin perfectly.

"What's your name?" the lady asked looking me over.

"Nao," I said .

"Give me your hands." She said gently placing hers on the table.

I pulled my hands from under the table and placed them in hers. I watched her as she closed her eyes.

"You've gone through something terrible," she said with a slight frown as if  deep in thought. "But happiness remains in you," she said now with a slight smile.

I smiled internally.  "Okay that's not bad," I said to myself. "I was worried for nothing."

A few seconds passed and a pained expression crept on her face.

"What's wrong," I asked starting to feel nervous.

"Bad luck will consume you," she said her eyes still closed.

I pulled my hands from hers causing her to open her eyes. Startled at her words I quickly got up and left the store. I heard her call after me saying there was more but I couldn't turn around. Deep in thought I ran into someone as I stepped back outside.

"Sorry," I said looking up.

"Its fine," the guy said looking down at me.

He was hold my shoulders so I didn't fall.

"Im Quincy," he said flashing his perfect smile.

"Your Perfect,"  I mumbled so only I could hear. He looked to good. Nice height. Pretty complexion straight teeth. Tattoos.

"I'm Nao," I said returning the smile.

He looked up reading the shop name then back at me before starting to laugh.

"Awe man don't let Mrs.shermaine scare you," he said. She doesn't mean any harm.

"I wasn't sacred," I said rolling my eyes.

"You wasn't scared?"  he said licking his lips.

"No," I said playfully as I continued to walk but he followed me.

"You not from around here,"he said.

"Dat obvious?" I asked scratching the back of my head.

He laughed before grabbing my hand.

"Come on,let me take you somewhere."

Normally I wouldn't go for no shit like this but he was cute asf and I didn't know anyone here so I just went with it. We walked through the crowds of people but he made sure not to let go of my hand so he wouldn't lose me. We stopped when we reached a little cafe.

"Cafe du monde" it read .

He opened the door for me and then followed me inside.

"Hey my baby!" the plus sized women black women said to Quincy as he approached the counter.

"Whose this pretty young thing you have wit ya?" she asked flashing her pretty warm smile at me. Her accent was strong but I liked it.

"This is Nao. Nao, this is Mrs Shirley." He said looking between the two of us.

"Quincy here is a family friend," she said, "Been coming here since he was a toddla."

I smiled. There relationship was cute.

"She's not from around hea so you know I had to introduce ha to the best beignets in the French quarter," he winked.

She laughed.

"Dats right babay. Two orders of beignets comin right up," she said before disappearing to the back.

I followed Quincy to a table outside the cafe. It was dark outside now. The streets were lit with lights and music filled the air. Families overlooked the streets from their balconies. Tourists took pictures of the moments. Partiers stopped by alchohol vendors or ran in and out the daiquiris shops that filled the streets. Couples dancing to the beautiful jazz music being played. I closed my eyes and let the music take me.