Chapter 6: Lighthouses and Pockets

This is the chapter where some of Universe's staff will be introduced. And in the next chapter too. I'll wait until we've met most of them then put down the mini chapter.

-----------------------------

The silence was starting to become more and more pressing as they all waited for Huotani to return with... whoever she was going to get.

"Actually, Taurus, it seems you have a visitor," Universe ventured. "She seems... angry." 

All heads turned towards Taurus, who had suddenly gone white as a sheet. "Oh no." 

As if on cue the door slammed open and none other than Meika zoomed in, eyes glowing a furious red and dark mists hanging around her. "BIG BROOOOOTHEEEER...." 

Taurus backed away nervously. "Uh... hi, Mei-" 

She snapped. "HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS! I SHOULD BE GLAD THAT UNIVERSE AT LEAST HAS SOME DECENCY TO TELL ME NOT TO WORRY WHEN HE CALLED ME TO TELL ME ABOUT HE INCIDENT YESTERDAY BUT YOOOOOOU DIDN'T EVEN CALL! DO YOU WANT ME TO KILL YOU?!!!"

At 12 years old Meika had the intimidating, raging furious mama bear act down. 

Taurus held up his hands, sweat dropping nervously as the rest of the zodiacs stepped back. "U-um, Meika, maybe not right now-?!" 

WHOOOOOOOOSH!

Meika stomped one foot on the ground and a massive whirl of wind blew Taurus off his feet and tossed him into the air. "IDIOT!" 

Universe looked at her. "Why, I wasn't aware you could do such big blasts!" He said, looking impressed. Meika huffed and blew a piece of hair out of her face. "Only when I'm really mad. And then I can't use my powers for at least five hours, but that guy over there who claims to be my older brother-" she glared at Taurus, who had been unharmed due to the magical emergency cushioning the room provided. "Really deserves it." she sighed loudly and flipped her hair back. "Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Had to get it out of my system. See ya later, bro." 

"See you later, Meika," Taurus managed to say. 

From the doorway Huotani cleared her throat. "Um... Mr. Universe, she's requested that you come to her." 

Universe sighed loudly. "Ugh, can't I even catch a break, fine, zodiacs, come to me-" 

"Wait," Scorpio interrupted. "What happened at the school today. When we return tomorrow won't the people be questioning us-" 

"Already taken care of," Universe assured them. "Some quick mind-washing and magical repairs, and the entire incident has been resolved." 

The zodiacs all breathed a sigh of relief. Libra opened her mouth, but Universe cut her off. "No time to talk, my zodiacs! Come, come!" 

He snapped his fingers, the walls warped, and all of a sudden they found themselves... where exactly were they? It looked like they were in a square room, but the walls looked slightly opaque and they shifted constantly in hues that made them think they were underwater. 

In front of them were floating keyboard and screens. Numbers and letters scrolled across it constantly, and there were many other smaller screens revolving around them. Sitting on a glowing blue cube was a girl, typing away on the keyboard. Well, sort of. It looked like the keyboard was invisible but every time she hit a 'letter' a small glowing square lit up underneath her fingers. 

Universe coughed. "Dear?" 

The girl didn't even turn around. "What." 

"The zodiacs are here."