.01

Her bow glided effortless against perfectly tuned strings. She had never seen the music before, yet it was as though she had been practicing for weeks. Eyes never settled in one place, hardly paying attention to the notes on the pages before her. There was a much more important task than the music at hand.

"I've got eyes on the target," she said, spotting the exact man she was looking for by the entrance.

"Simmons, do not engage," a voice responded in her ear.

"Copy." Simmons replied, her eyes now flicking between the black-haired man and the black notes on the white page.

All was well, at least until the security guard had attempted to stop said target. That was when all hell broke loose.

With the cane he had in his hand, he hit the guard across the face, grabbing one of the scientists attending the event.

The guests were already scared, and their fear only deepened when the dark-haired man shoved something into the scientists eye, a sort of morbid excitement overtaking him.

People screamed and ran towards the exits, and the man just watched, a smirk on his face.

Violin abandoned, Camryn disobeyed orders. Unstrapping the gun hidden underneath her long black dress, she unclipped the safety.

"I'm engaging," she said hastily, ignoring the protests of the woman on the other end.

"Do not engage! I repeat, do not engage with Loki!"

But it was too late.

"Hands up!" She shouted at the god of mischief.

Loki seemed to comply, but only for a second before his anger was directed at her. She dodged his attacks swiftly, taking a shot, only to watch the bullet stop in midair and fall to the ground.

Loki grabbed her by her throat and slammed Simmons to the ground, her head hitting the floor painfully, stars dotting her vision. The gun was knocked from her hand and she grasped desperately for anything she could use against him.

Her fingers grasped something thin and she recognized it to be a Violin bow. It was all she had so she hit him with it.

It wasn't particularly painful, but it was effective enough to distract Loki with mild confusion. It gave Simmons enough time to get her feet underneath his body and push him away, rolling out of his reach.

She was back up in an instant, desperately catching her breath.

"Weak mortal. Your attempts are futile," Loki hissed, glaring at her. She was wasting his time.

Simmons' head was swimming, the lack of oxygen having taken a toll on her body.

"At least I'm one of the good guys," she bit back.

"Good and bad is subjective. Kneel, and I shall let you live."

Simmons spit at the god. Her first mistake.

Her second mistake came when she allowed herself to become distracted by her earpiece. It was all Loki needed to grab her harshly by the arm and throw her.

For the second time in the short fight, she found herself face to face with the ground, blood spilling from her busted lip. She groaned, the sound making Loki scoff and walk away from her, leaving her on her own.

"Simmons! Camryn?" The same voice shouted, causing Camryn to wince. "Camryn do you copy?"

"Natasha could you do me a favor and shut the hell up?" Camryn asked, her body still on the ground. She slowly pushed herself up, ignoring the spots that danced in her eyes at the movement.