.05

She looked back at the boy in her arms. "Hey, Peter, do you know your last name?" Camryn asked him.

Peter nodded, sniffling quietly. "Parker." He said quietly, his tears having stopped for the time being.

"Can you tell me about your family? Your mommy and daddy?" Camryn asked, looking to the sky for Tony.

"I–I don't have those..." Peter frowned. "My mommy and daddy died. My Auntie May and Uncle Ben take care of me."

"Are their last names the same as yours?" Camryn asked. She felt bad for the little boy. She hoped they had only gotten separated and not killed in the attack.

Peter shrugged. "I don't know." He told her.

"Okay. It's okay. We'll find them. I promise, Peter." Camryn said, smiling when she heard Tony and looked up to see his suit flying and taking out the Chitauri. He landed in front of them minutes later, his mask opening up as he held his hand out to help Camryn up.

"You alright, 007?" Tony asked as he hauled her to her feet.

She rolled her eyes at the nickname but nodded. "Yeah, we're okay. Right Petey?" Camryn asked, the ten year old looking starstruck as he stared at Tony. Camryn laughed quietly.

"Where are the nearest police officers?" Camryn asked Tony. His mask flipped down in reply as he used Jarvis to find the location.

"Two blocks north. Need a lift?" Tony asked, his voice roboticized by his mask.

"No, I've got it. Thanks, Tony."

"You've got it kid. Now get back to work." He told her before flying off.

"Woah," Peter mumbled, his eyes wide as he watched Iron Man fly off into the sky.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool, isn't it? Now c'mon. Let's go get you to one of the officers." She said as she lifted him back onto her hip and made sure it was clear before heading north like Tony had told her to. She had to get the little boy to safety.

It took her ten minutes to get him to a police officer. She knew on her own it would have been quicker but she was trying to not run into any of the Chitauri. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw one.

"Hey! You, I need you to take him and get him someplace safe." She said quickly, setting Peter on the ground. But when she tried to hand him over to the officer he started to cry.

"No! I wanna stay with you, Cami!" He cried, reaching out for her. He had already gotten attached in such a short amount of time.

"Peter, hey, it's gonna be okay. I'll come back and find you afterwards, okay? But I've gotta go help Iron Man and his friends get rid of the nasty aliens, okay?" She said softly as she crouched in front of him. "Here, will you hold onto this for me?" She asked, handing him one of her throwing stars. "Be careful though, it's sharp, okay? But I'm gonna need that back eventually so I'll come and find you to get it back."

She knew that it was admittedly not the smartest course of action to give a ten year old a sharp weapon, but she didn't know what else to do to get him to comply. She had to get back to the team.

Peter looked at her with watery brown eyes as his small hands carefully grabbed onto the star. "O–Okay." He stuttered as he sniffled. "I'll see you later, Cami..."

"I'll be back Pete." She said as she ruffled his hair before running off and turning her comm back on. "What's going on over there?" She asked.

Steve grunted, still trying to fight off some of the aliens. "We're trying to find a way to get the portal closed off. Natasha hitched a ride to the top of the tower." Steve explained. "Simmons, where are you?"