.03

Steve slammed the gun down on the table, startling the occupants of the lab. The walk back up had seemed much shorter, but this time, the pair knew exactly where they were headed.

"Phase Two is where Shield uses the cube to make weapons." He says. Once he had taken a moment to think, it had made sense. After all, the cube was powered by the scepter. And the scepter worked similarly to a Hydra weapon, just like he had thought. He glanced at Tony. "Sorry, computer was a little slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the cube. That doesn't mean we're—" Fury starts, but Tony cuts him off. Camryn didn't fail to notice the look sent her direction. Fury knew she was apart of helping Steve.

"I'm sorry, Nick." Tony says. He turns the screen he was looking at, showing it to the group. On it were the plans for a missile of sorts. It made Camryn's blood run cold. This wasn't what Shield was supposed to be. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, Director," Steve stated. "The world hasn't changed one bit." There was a bitter lit to his tone, and Camryn couldn't exactly blame him.

Camryn thought she was going to get to stay for this conversation. But her comm crackled as Coulson's voice came alive in her ear.

"Agent Simmons, meet me on the bridge." He states simply, and Camryn had half a mind to argue. But she knew better than to.

With one last final look at the small group she turned and walked out, missing Steve's quizzical gaze following her. He wanted to know what was more important to her than the conversation they were having.

Camryn made her way through the halls, heading to the bridge like Coulson had instructed her to. She gave him a look as she walked closer.

"Coulson, I was in the middle of something important. What do you need?" She asked him, crossing her arms as she stood in front of him. She was annoyed she now wouldn't get to know what was happening in the lab unless she asked about it. And by then she wasn't sure anyone would tell her.

"I heard you disobeyed a direct order. Again." He stated, sitting at the large table. Camryn moved to take a seat next to him, leaning back.

"Your point? I thought you knew about this already. Part of being an agent is making hard decisions. I did what I thought was best — as I always do." Camryn explained. "What, am I about to get punished for that?"

"Actually, yes." Coulson replied, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't disagree with Camryn, but even if everyone knew she was his favorite, he had to treat her the same as any level six agent. Which meant consequences for the disobeying of a direct order. "You'll be on probation for two weeks. Camryn, you have to learn your lesson here. You can't keep doing this."

"You can't do this! It was a stupid order! I helped." Camryn said, standing up suddenly. This was ridiculous. Sure she disobeyed an order, but two weeks was a little much.

"I'm sorry, Camryn. It's just how things are. If every agent did what you did there would be chaos. There is a reason we have a chain of command." Coulson sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He knew if she continued to do things like that, like she had in the past, it was going to get her killed one day.

Camryn was about to say something else when the entire Helicarrier jolted. She looked around confused as an alarm started. blaring through the place, agents rushing to their stations. "What was that?" She asked, looking at Coulson before rushing behind an agent seated at their station.

They had lost an engine.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, everyone in a flurry behind her.