1.0

A groan echoed throughout the dim
basement. There laid a young girl with long blonde hair, she sat up and looked around to see she was surrounded by candles that seemed to be burned out. Rubbing her eyes hastily, she stood up and walked over to the stairs before pushing the wooden door open. 

The house was dark and gloomy with all the windows being boarded up and cobwebs covering the place from head to toe. As the young girl started to walk, she realised that her clothes were far too small for her and were digging into her skin. After concluding that the house was obviously abandoned, she wandered through the rooms looking for any type of clothes. She settled for a men's t-shirt she found. It came down to about the middle of the thigh, it was stylish and cute. Suddenly she yawned, stretching her arms out when she saw there was a black patch over her heart which looked as if veins were crawling on her body.

Shrugging it off the young girl went to look for an exit to the house.

After what felt like hours the blonde girl finally found the front exit. She slowly turned the handle and stepped onto the porch before walking down the stairs and out into the front yard. The girl walked for twenty-five minutes before she finally saw a small town.

She made her way to one of the small shops pushing the doors open and looking around. She saw a young man sitting at a desk, mastering up the courage the small blonde girl walked up to the desk. She spoke with a shaky voice,

"Excuse me, sir, could you please tell me what year it is?" Her voice cracked as she spoke. 

The man smiled politely, "Sure thing sweetie it's 2009."  

The young girl's face changed drastically,"Sir where are we?" The blonde teen said with a shaky voice, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

 "We're in a small town a couple of hours out of Mystic Falls," the man said looking at the girl concerned. "Are you ok honey? Is there anyone I can call to come to get you?" he continued in a smooth voice, "Would it be alright if I called the Mystic Falls police department?" 

The girl looked at the man as if her whole world had just shattered and it showed in both her actions and words.

"Oh yeah of course." The man said, as he picked up the receiver, dialling the number and then handing it over to her.

The phone rang for a bit before someone answered, "Hello, Mystic Falls’ Police Department. How can I help you?" Said the person on the other end of the phone "Can I please speak to Liz Forbes?" The teen asked. 

"Sure thing hun, just let me transfer you to her." The lady on the other end said and after a couple beeps a new voice came from the phone.

"Elizabeth Forbes speaking, how can I help you?" Said the voice that made the young girl tear up even more.

"Mom?" The small girl asked weakly.

"Pardon?" the lady aka, Elizabeth Forbes asked.

 By now the small girl had tears running down her face, "Mom it's me," the girl said weakly "It's me, Quinn.”

”