7.00

Quinn ran home with tears running down her face when suddenly dizziness overcame Quinn and she stumbled to the side of the road. She sat on the boulder beside the gutter waiting for the dizziness to fade. She hated herself then for taking the long way back home, the road being eerily empty with little to no cars passing by.

The road was narrow and mostly covered by forest on either side. It had next to no houses on either side, and those that were there were all abandoned.

Quinn often took walks down this road when she was younger, to clear her mind. Tears ran down her face, as she felt a panic attack settling over her. She looked around desperate to seek help, but there was no one.

She tried to steady her breathing, closing her eyes and imagining a better moment from her past life,all the while praying someone would come down the narrow road and help her. She tried to lie down on the boulder and some time later she felt her eyelids heavy luling into sleep. But, the sudden chilling sensation that someone was watching her, jerked her eyes open.

She looked up to see the new boy Stefan and somewhat was relieved to see him. "Uhmm hello," Quinn said looking up at the boy.

Stefan looked at her with a worried look, "Are you okay?" Stefan asked politely, offering the girl a hand.

Quinn took the hand and stood up. "Yeah I-" Quinn spoke, cutting herself off, suddenly jerking her hand away from Stefan's grip.

"Ouch" Quinn hissed, feeling a zap go through her wrist. Quinn rubbed the spot before trying to sooth the sensation.

There was now some sort of inscription on her wrist, the year 1864 with S.S inscribed right next to it.

Quinn looked a little confused before Stefan asked again, "Are you okay?"

She looked up at him and replied, "Uh, yeah just a cramp." She lied through her teeth.

"So what brings you out here?" Stefan asked, changing the subject.

"Umm just hanging?" She lied and it sounded pathetic even to her own ears.

"What are you doing here?" Quinn asked as Stefan pulled out a green leather diary.

" I'm to return this to the Gilbert House." He answered.

Quinn made an 'oh' face, " Would you be able to walk me home? It's getting late out and I have like the biggest fear of the dark." Quinn rambled looking at the floor hoping he wouldn't refuse.

Stefan smiled, "Yeah sure." He said and the pair set off.

They soon made their way to the Forbes residence.

"This is me," Quinn said she was about to open the front door when an idea came to mind "Hey Stefan," Quinn said turning around to face the male, "Wanna come to the grill with me?"Quinn asked.

"Yeah, sounds good." he shrugged, not minding her offer. Sure the book could wait.

Quinn smiled a genuine smile for the first time since she had been home, "Okay, you can come in just and hang around in the lounge. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen, my mum or sister aren't home. I'm gonna go get changed real quick," Quinn said, with a smile on her face. For some reason, having a friend at her house and going out after so long, made her happy. He was new here and didn't know about her past and that made her feel further comfortable around him.

 He was new here and didn't know about her past and that made her feel further comfortable around him

Quinn got changed and made her way downstairs to find Stefan flicking through one of her old sketchbooks. She smiled slightly and walked over to him.

"I'm pretty go huh?" She joked.

Stefan stared at her, shock registering on his face as he absorbed her words, "You did these?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I'm the artist in my family," Quinn responded. "Well anyway, we better get going, you gonna drop that off first?" She asked, pointing to the diary in Stefan's hand.

"Oh yeah," he replied, getting up as the two made their way to the Gilbert House.