11

A gasp left Quinn's mouth as she sat up to find people surrounding her, a look of horror and shock marring their faces.

 "What's wrong?" Quinn questioned.

"And, why am I in the middle of the road?" She asked, confusion laced in her voice.

 "Funny you were just in a hit and run accident." A paramedic said as she pushed her way through the crowd with a leather bag in hand.

 "But I'm fine," Quinn said, shocked at how it was possible.

 The paramedic smiled at Quinn, " We still have to take you back to the hospital for a check to see if there's internal bleeding."

When Quinn arrived at the hospital the doctors did some X-ray scans and a CT scan but found nothing wrong. It seemed to shock a lot of the doctors and nurses, after all, how did a sixteen-year-old who was involved in a hit and run come out with nothing wrong, not even a scratch?! They chose not to question it though, thinking the girl was just extremely lucky and the fact that they were lazy enough to investigate it. 

As Quinn was sitting in the hospital bed waiting for her mom to come to get her, all of a sudden she felt a thirst rush into her body and her mouth began to ache. Her head throbbed as if she could hear every little sound in the hospital. She gently pushed herself into a sitting position before pushing herself out of bed.

Quinn made her way to the hospital exit, her throat burning every time she passed a person. At that point she didn't even care how she looked to the onlookers, she was intent on getting out of here. Finally, she made it out of the hospital when suddenly she saw a sheep run into the bushes nearby and as if all her senses were piqued she jogged after it. When it was further into the bush, Quinn's hands made contact with the sheep's neck, before snapping it in one swift motion in a split second and brought the sheep's neck to her mouth. She sank her teeth into its neck, the warm blood flowing down her throat giving her the relief she needed.

As if all her senses came crashing into her body, Quinn saw what was in front of her. A dead sheep, blood oozing out from its neck. Blood covered her mouth and chest. Letting out a shaky breath, Quinn moved further away from the lifeless body in front of her and her eyes filled with tears. Letting out a choked sob, Quinn ran deeper into the bush, her head rushing with thoughts.

 'D-did I kill that little animal?' Quinn thought.

 "Oh my God, I did." Quinn sobbed as she fell to the dirty floor. Slowly Quinn's eyes began to droop and she slowly fell into a cold slumber.

When Quinn woke up she was in a bed; there was no blood. As she looked around, she saw this was not her room or her house. Panicked Quinn leapt out of the bed when all of a sudden a woman with her blonde hair in a side ponytail hollered after her, "Hey hey it's okay. Settle down first." The woman tried to soothe the teen.

Quinn started screaming.

"No! Let go of me!" Quinn choked. 

"It's okay, Hun. I'm Lexi, I'm going to help you." Lexi spoke.

Quinn collapsed into Lexi's arms hoping this was just a nightmare and she would wake up soon tangled in her bedsheets.