2.0

The young blonde now known as Quinn sat at the small police station waiting for her mother to come to pick her up. She tapped her foot on the ground nervously and bit her lip. What if no one remembered her? What if she was completely forgotten? Those thoughts ran through her head like crazy.

After what felt like hours, Quinn saw her mother run into the small office. It looked like she had been crying.

"Mom?" Quinn asked in a raspy voice with tears lingering in her eyes.

Elizabeth Forbes was struck with a load of emotions. She had just found out that her youngest daughter was alive, the daughter she thought had been kidnapped or had run away was safe. Of course she was older and looked completely different but it was her.

Liz Rushed into the small police station where she saw a young girl. She was wrapped up in a thick grey blanket and had her head rested back against the window. Suddenly the young girl looked at Liz.

 "Mom?" The girl asked.

Liz was overtaken with emotion and started crying her eyes out, "Quinn, my baby!" Liz said over and over again.

Quinn had her eyes closed trying to prevent any tears from spilling. She didn't want to look weak in front of her mother. After a couple of minutes, a detective came to question Quinn. The detective slowly led Quinn and her mother to a small interview room to ask Quinn some questions.

The detective sat down and began to ask Quinn questions.

 "Miss Forbes, could you tell me how you ended up in town?" The detective asked the young girl.

Quinn took a deep breath, "Umm. . .  I remember taking the pills from the hospital, I remember swallowing them." Tears running down her face as she spoke, she continued, "I remember jumping off the bridge. I remember the pain as I hit the water and the suffocation as I couldn't move or breath, then, then I remember nothing." Quinn continued in an emotionless voice.

The detective felt shocked that such a young girl had gone through such traumatic life decisions, " That'll be all for now. If we need any more information we'll contact you." The detective said to Liz as she rose from her chair.

The car ride back to mystic Falls was quiet. Neither Quinn nor her mother said a word as they pulled up into the driveway of the house Quinn had once called home. Quinn slowly opened the door gazing at the house. It hadn't changed a bit, it was still the same old house. 

Quinn latched onto her mother's hand, as they walked up to the house. Liz pulled her key from her pocket and opened the door as the pair made their way into the house. Quinn looked around in awe. It hadn't changed a bit except for a few more photos and the paint that looked to be new.

"Mommy?" Quinn asked quietly.

"Yes honey?" Liz asked.

"I love you," Quinn cried.

Liz had never felt so hopeless and broken. Her daughter, her baby girl was finally home

 Her daughter, her baby girl was finally home