CHAPTER 8

"What did you just say?" Melissa asked. She was standing in the room that I've shared with Noah following my every movement with her eyes. Worried and confusion was written on her face.

"I told you I have to leave now." I told her while putting all of my things in my suitcase.

After I met that horrid man in the restaurant. I went straight home and wrote myself a resignation letter an immediate resignation letter to be exact, then sent it to my boss. Even before he could acknowledge it. I pulled out my suitcase under my bed and started packing my things.

I didn't know why he did agree to that man, but whatever it is I don't care now. I'm not letting anyone dictate my life. This is my fucking life after all. I am the only one who has the power to rule it. I am the fucking boss of my life. Not some A-plus douchebag infuriating asshole.

"But why? Are you in trouble tell me maybe I can help you." Melissa replied she held both of my arms to stopped me from putting a clothe in my suitcase and turned my body at her so we were face to face.

I sighed. "No, you can't. This is for the better, the more you know nothing the better." I told her sternly, I didn't want to be a trouble to her, she already had enough on her shoulder and I didn't want to add more weight on that. I started putting the clothes again.

"But what/who is it you're really running away from?" She implored, certainly wasn't planning to stop until she got answers.

I heaved a deep sighed again. "Remember the guy that I told you? The guy that I met almost two years ago?" She nodes. "Well, it's him." I answered and continued packing my things.

"But I thought he was a stranger?" She asked dazed and confused.

"Well he was but not anymore, anyway I have one request for you." I zipped my suitcase and put it on the floor. I looked at her.

"What is it?"

"Can we exchange our phones? It's just I don't trust mine I think he did something in it that he might track me anytime and anywhere... Please?" I asked her desperately.

Of course, I was desperate I have to get away from there as soon as possible.

"Okay." A broad smile appeared on my face and I bone-crushing hug her.

"Thank you thank you thank you! I will be forever debted to you, you're the best Melissa and I will miss you." I told her sincerely, that was the truth I would truly miss her.

"I will miss you too, Sal and I'm sure Noah too... You have to talk to him by the way." She reminded me.

Oh! yeah, damn right Noah that kid, how am I going to say goodbye to him? He was like my best friend, my partner in crime. Leaving him would be so hard. He was like a little brother that I've never had.

We were still hugging when the front door slammed open the little devil appeared at the doorway of the room.

"Hey, hug I want that too!" He said in his cheery voice, then strode towards us. We laughed a little and made a space for him. The three of us continued hugging for a moment.

I felt my lungs were heavy and my heart was breaking again. I felt this kind of feeling when I left my family back in the Philippines so I could work in San Diego. Now I was doing it again, but this time I don't know if I could be able to see them again. The people I met in San Diego were like a family to me from my two best friends Carol and Aden, the sisters, caretakers, and the children at the orphanage; especially these two people, they were all like. A family to me and so am I to them. We were not blood-related but we were still a family. We always said that "We are not bound by blood but we are bound by bond." And now I have to leave them all behind just because of that infuriating man.