CHAPTER 24

Massimo's POV

You know that feeling that creeps up on you day and night. Banging on the doors to your mind— like a typhoon waiting for a single drop of rainfall to begin the entire downpour. Dwelling inside like a damn plague?

That's what I felt in the past couple of days with Sally plaguing me— invading my thoughts eveyfuckingtime. I knew I was making a progress on her I knew our relationship had lifted up. But in the past few days, I felt like the switch for her walls had turned on. I felt like the wall I had slowly cracking up was built again with vengeance. Now there were no holes and crack for me to see the other side.

I knew something was bothering her and that something had triggered her to build up her barriers and closed herself off for me. And the worst part I didn't have a fucking a clue!

My plan was to thaw the hard freezing cold barrier between us by bringing her to Mara's engagement party. As much as my sister became fond of her I knew so was Red. I saw it in the past couple of days that Mara had stayed with us. And I thought a respite from work would also do the trick.

But now I highly doubted that it was the best idea at all. The mischievous Red surely knew how to pissed me off. Of all the dresses I knew the boutique could offer she chose the most daring almost immoral red dress. But if I may be honest she looked fucking smoking hot in that fiery dress that made me want to shove her in one of the walls and have my way on her. It also didn't help that her short hair had magically grown longer and flowed down her back like stream waves. How I missed her long silky hair. Red looked like the temptress that made every man fall on their knees and that was the problem. I wanted to do something vicious to each and every one of them. I never felt the urged to kill every male species before as I did that night.

Like the ancient bastard Bardoni. If he thought I hadn't noticed the way he was undressing Red with his eyes, then he was more idiot than I thought. Right there and then I very much wanted my fist to kiss his fucking face that as old as the ancient pyramid in Egypt, but Red clasped the back of my dinner jacket tightly preventing me from doing so.

As we were having a good time my madre chose that moment to show herself with Bibiana on her side. Of course, my mother would drag her as she'd still believed that I would be tied with her.

I'd frowned while acknowledged them. Looking at Bibiana that moment made me wonder what had I saw in her that I dated her longer that I would always do. Oh! Yeah because she was a friend first. Bibiana also wore a scandalous dress, it was a champagne a— line low v—neck bareback dress that revealed to much skin and vastly of her cleavage. Her breast practically wanted to slipped—out. Red's dress looked tamer compared to her.

When we were together she'd always wore a dress like that to tempt me. But I never felt a little hint of jealousy when other men looked at her. I believed that it was my prerogative to have and bed any woman I wanted. But with Red wore a revealing outfit it made me want to kill every man who would dare to look at her.

From the way, she and my madre acted around Red like she wasn't there made my blood boil. I knew my madre so well that I could tell that she despised Red based on the look she was giving her. If she didn't want her I don't fucking care, I've once obliged to their wants and it caused me big-time. I wouldn't let them take the woman I love.

Wait, love?

I knew deep down I was already in love with Sally but just scared to admit yet, with knowing she might not reciprocate it. But, admitting it even just for myself had mysteriously made my heart swell in joy and ecstasy.