CHAPTER 23

The young gorgeous woman's reflection stared back at me out of the full length—mirror, She was nothing like me. Her long silky black hair was curled, flowed down her back, and styled stylishly. Her face was packed with stunning makeup that accentuated her features that I never knew was there. Her lips were coated with a bloody red lipstick that made her look regal. Her dress was made of tulle encrusted with crystal beads that made it sparks whenever a light cast on it.  It was a body-fitting, bareback design that features a side cutout and a high slit that highlighted her creamy white legs. Overall it was a daring fiery dress for a fiery woman who wanted to put in place the most infuriating man.

I turned sideways, and she turned with me. Squaring her shoulders and tucking her chin out the exact moment I did. She narrowed her eyes at me and suspicion carved into her roundish face. She probably thought I was doubting whether she looked confident enough and to be honest I was.

I shook my head and she copied my movement. I pointed my finger at her. " you're confidently beautiful." I told her sternly. Yes! Pia Wurtzbach! A soft knock brought me out of my delusional state. Guilia peeks her head at the small gap in the door. She smiled uncertainty.

"Signor is here, Sal." Guilia informed.

"Thank you Guilia. Be there in a minute." I told with a smile.

"We'll be heading out first, see you at the venue." Guilia said before leaving.

I heaved a deep sighed, turning my attention at my reflection. "Made of steel and confidently beautiful." I muttered. I got the matching red purse on the bed making sure my phone was inside. It's showtime, I thought upon leaving the room.

The sound of my three inches heels resonates around the eerie silent villa, catching the attention of the man who was waiting on the lower staircase. "About time—" he looked at the staircase where I was slowly descending, the smiled on his face was hastily changed by a wicked glint upon assessing my body length. With a quick stride Massimo bridge the distance between us. "What the hell are you wearing?" I fluttered my eyes a couple of times to appeared innocently to whatever he was saying.

"Uhmm. Dress?" I made it sound like an inquisition rather than a statement that made him closed his eyes while pinching the bridge of his nose. "You told me to find a gown for Mara's engagement party. This is it." I said enthusiastic and he answered it with a groaned.

"But that thing is nefarious!" Massimo practically shouted at me with a stone-cold glint in his eyes.

"Nefarious?" I smiled at him sweetly that too much for his taste. "Massimo I assure you this is much tamer than the other dresses the sales lady was giving me. And besides, she told me this dress is perfect for me" As I said it I made a slow twirl, giving him a good look of my bareback.

Massimo let out yet, another groaned.  "Don't believe the sales lady they'd compliment you for you to buy whatever they're selling."

"So I look stupid in this." I muttered pressing my lips in a thin line. Even I didn't want to admit it, Massimo's statement made a pang inside of me.

I let out a gasped as Massimo pulled me towards his body, his warm hand on my bareback. Sending thousands of butterflies inside my stomach. "No, you look perfect too fucking perfect that I will kill every man who would dare to stare and touch you." Massimo whispered but his eyes were gazing at me intensely. Heat flared inside me. "You are mine Red, and I hate sharing what's mine, so you better change that dress." Massimo commanded.

I pulled out of his arms. "No, we don't have time and even if we do I still won't going to change. Besides, I told you I'm not dressing up for you or anyone else but for myself."  I told him proactively.