CHAPTER 17

"Those useless idiots!" Massimo growled.

"What happened to you?" I asked him. We were inside his study, I was on the couch reading a book while he was behind his desk with his desktop on.

It had been three weeks since Massimo abducted me from New York and brought me to Italy. Three weeks since I became his prisoner, three weeks since my last contact with my family. I could only get outside the premises of his bedroom when he was around.

Truth to his words it became our daily routine; we always had breakfast together, before he goes to work I've always kissed him goodbye, after that my entire day was spent inside his bedroom. I was thankful, though, because Maria or Guilia accompanied me whenever I was locked inside, heck! Even Dante would spend his time with me. When Massimo came back that was where I was allowed to leave. Our nights were either spent outside; in the garden or inside his office or the library before we retired to bed. To say that we were now friends was completely overstatement, we were just both being civil to each other, I guess. Well, like what they always say make your friends close and your enemies closer.

Massimo let out yet another growled. I put down the book I was reading and walked towards where he was seated and took a glanced at his open computer.

To what I understood it was a proposal; a marketing campaign proposal to be exact.

"You don't like it?" I asked him.

"Like? Why don't your try I hate it." Massimo retorted.

"Yeah, that's why I said "Don't," I emphasized the don't.

"I hated it so much that the word like is not appropriate to use to describe this one." He started, glaring at the screen of his desktop.

"Okay, why'd you hated it so much?" I tried again, ensuring to use the hate instead of "don't".

"Look at that, even monkeys could do better." Massimo gritted, he really looked pissed off.

I'm glad he wasn't my boss, he was so hard to please. I felt sorry for his employees.

"Okay." I leaned forward so I could see it clearly. I gasped as he pulled me into his lap, my back was on his chest.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"We don't want you to stand there." He replied teasingly eyes lit with humor. The mood swings of this man were so hard to keep up.

"Okay," I said slowly. I study the said proposal, I took the mouse cursor from his hand to scroll down the page as I continued reading the contents. I tried my best to concentrate on what I was doing, but Massimo was making it impossible as his thumb kept on drawing circles on my waist through the fabric of my dress. I didn't even know if he noticed it as he was just sitting there silently.

Get a grip girl, he's your enemy! I shook my head mentally to focused on.

Suddenly a light bulb popped into my head, With a sly grin, I looked back at Massimo.

"Why do I feel like I don't like that smile on your face, Red." He stated. Humor lingered in his voice

I angled my body to meet his face. "Let's make a bet. " I told him.