CHAPTER 19

A/N

Oh my Gosh!!! 😱😱😱 can you believe it Guys! This book now has a 1k reads, this is so surreal. No words can explain how am I feeling right now and how I am so grateful for your support and for having the time to give this a shot. Thank you so much, guys! 🥰😭🥰🥰

Anyway, here comes another chapter, I hope you enjoy this.

Feel free to comment to let me know what you think. Also please don't forget to hit the 🌟.

Keep safe and happy reading guys! 🥰😊

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold an adjective word meaning having a feeling of low body heat/ temperature. Shoulder the part of your body where your arm is connected. Two simple words without more significant meaning behind it, but when combined it will hold more power against you. A cold—shoulder that was what I felt in the past few days from Massimo. I didn't know if he was mad at me because of the lunch incident, if it was true, then he was more insane than I thought.

I should be delighted and celebrating that Massimo was treating me with his cold—shoulder, that he didn't bother me. But the tiny little annoying mess up part of me was freaking bothered about it and worried about him. Maybe there was something troubling him that he was acting like that way.

"You don't have to wait for me, I'll be home late." Massimo informed, before leaving me alone in the dining room. It was Friday night and we were both having dinner. He'd left without giving me a kiss which didn't happen before and part of me felt disappointed.

Wait, you what?

Oh my gosh no no no! I can't be disappointed, who cares if he didn't want to kiss me? I don't fucking care!

But you are disappointed.

I shook my head. Oh God no! Am I having a Stockholm syndrome? That's why I'm feeling like I am not myself lately?

"Yes! Maybe that's it." I have to look at how to cure it.

"That's what?" I screamed at the sudden voice and my knee bump into the table.

"Ouch, You scared the hell out of me Maria." I told her breathless, my heart thumps fast against my rib cage.

"Scusa Piccola." She stated concerned in her voice. (Sorry, little one.)

"I'm fine just startled." I told her.

"I assumed Massimo, left already."

"Hmm. But he didn't tell me where he will go to." I answered, I didn't intend to sound like I was upset about it but the words rolled out of my mouth just like that. I knew Maria noticed it too based on the upward curve of her lips. I'm glad though because she didn't voice it out.

"Hmm. I'll ask Guilia to prepare your bath." She said while putting back the empty plates on the trolley.

"Oh, no. I told you, you didn't have to do that for me. I can do it myself."

She put down the plate she was holding back on the table and turned to look at me, giving me a sweet smile. "Of course, I know you can do it. But It's our job, Piccola."