Prologue

Outside the palace courtyard,an execution is being held.The people cursed and booed as a blonde girl was dragged violently onto the stage where an intimidating noose greeted her view.The girl's face was bloody and bruised but there was nothing more interesting to watch than her jewel blue eyes.The signature trait of the royal family revealed that the Emperor is going to execute one of his own flesh and blood.

The execution of the first princess of the Obelian Empire,Athanasia de Alger Obelia.The outcast princess who was ignored for all her life and was believed to be guilty in poisoning the darling Princess Jennette out of jealousy.

The blonde princess is innocent,of course.She would rather drink the poison herself if she knew the tea would harm her sister and saddened her father.However,she was framed by the cunning countess,Rosalia in order to put her niece,Princess Jennette on the throne.

Athanasia did not bother to claim her innocence.Who would believe her anyway?The Emperor never considered her his daughter and she never formed any close relationships with anyone outside the palace except for one.Only her loyal nanny,Lilian York and the maids at the Ruby Palace was on her side but she refrained them from begging the Emperor because it was very highly presumed that he will raise his sword on anyone who believed in her.           

So,the girl resigned to her fate.Finally cutting all her hopes in her family and stared blankly at the crowd under the stage.Her loving nanny glared at the Emperor,hatred clear in her blue eyes and plead forgiveness from Lady Diana,whose daughter she cannot save with her own power.

Before the noose was brought to wrap around her neck,Athanasia stared at her father for the last time and her gaze finally send turmoils to his chest.Her usual meek look was no more.She scowled coldly and her eyes revealed her defiance and anger.An observant person,however,can see the subtle mirth and amusement in those cold eyes as if the execution was a joke and she will be the one who has the last laugh.

Finally,the noose tightened around her pale neck and the executioner kick the stand under the princess.The girl writhed and struggled until the people cheered as the body of an innocent princess stopped,finally claimed by Death.

Behind an alley,a red-eyed wizard laughed as he held the hand of his beloved princess,mocking those fools who thought they have the girl's life in their hand.The powerful empire with magic,deceived by a clone of all things.The princess giggled heartily as they teleported to a land where no one will know them or care about the Obelia Empire and Lilian York hid a smile when a letter suddenly appeared in her hands,confident that at the end of the letter will be the signature of her beloved ward,Athanasia de Alger Obelia.                             

****                                                                          
Author's note: I don't know if anyone would read this but I'm really sorry for the lack of spacing between the paragraphs because I wrote this story using my phone(and the fact it is the first story I ever published online).I also very sorry if there were grammar mistakes,feel free to point it out since English is not my first language.