Arrival at the Capital

Roger Alpheus paced anxiously in his office,a deep frown marring his forehead.A lot of thoughts are swirling quickly in his mind as he pondered his next move to gain advantage in the princess's decision to summon all the magicians in the empire.

"What are you so worried about?"

The duke turned his head to gaze at the laidback voice.A man with golden blonde hair and shimmering jewel blue eyes is sprawling leisurely on the couch,his eyes twinkling in amusement at the silver-haired man's actions.

"How come I am not worried?What if the Emperor did get better with all this gathering of magicians?Not to mention that you barely able to restore your magical abilities,Your Majesty,"nagged Roger as he stared exasperatedly at the younger man.

Anastacius glared at the man,his smile gone before his indifferent eyes quickly take over.He ran a hand through his blonde hair before sighing, "There is no need to be so worry.The magicians of the Black Tower is supposed to be a group of the strongest magician in the empire.The elite of the elites.There is a reason why only they are permitted to serve the royal family.I doubt that other weaklings that called themselves magicians can heal Claude at this rate."

The man smirked and continued, "Afterall,looking at Claude's condition I guessed that he only have a few months left before he kicked the bucket.I have more than enough time by then to take back my rightful position as the Emperor."

After Claude stabbed him in his chest,he had left Anastacius alone on the bloodied palace floors.With the amount of blood he had spilled out from the wound,it was a certainty that he will die from blood loss.However,unbeknownst to his younger brother,Anastacius barely managed to voice out a substitute spell before he quickly mouthed another.

The forbidden resurrection spell born from the arts of black magic.

Like all black magic spell,the resurrection spell required such a heavy price to be used.He used the spell at the cost of his physical form.His mana thoroughly depleted when the spell worked its magic.His spirit drifted like a ghost outside the palace walls.He could only gain his body by preserving his mana for 20 years and it is only to maintain his physical form.It will take another 20 years for him to gain his magical abilities as much as the amount he had in his youth.

25 years after the coup d'état,Anastacius finally revealed himself infront of Duke Alpheus.The duke was shocked to see him alive after all these years,casually thanking him for taking Jennette under his protection.Roger was flustered for awhile,finally realised that his ward is the daughter of Anastacius and not the current emperor's daughter.The man offered the duke a deal that he will raise the Alpheus family as the official advisor to the Emperor in return for his help to gain Anastacius the emperor title back.

As Roger has little influence on the royal family despite his son married to Jennette,the Crown Princess,he agreed.The ambitious man often dissatisfied with Emperor Claude's decision to rise the ducal house of Robane's prestige as their young duke serves as the Emperor's right-hand and guard.Not to mention,he had no dare to oppose Anastacius,who were called the Bloody Emperor during his short reign.He was infamous for killing his other jewel eyes siblings,save for Claude whom shared the same mother, when he first step up as the Emperor and for practicing black magic on innocent souls.

Suddenly,both men's thoughts are interrupted by the knocking on the door.

"My lord,Her Highness Princess Jennette has come to visit you,"chimed a maid politely infront of the door.

After Anastacius has taken refuge in the Alpheus mansion,all servants are banned from entering the master office without permission.It has incited confusion among the servants but they simply obeyed,thinking that maybe their master needs more privacy in his age.