20 years later

Claude gritted his teeth as a painful headache struck his head again.He stumbled around the room,crashing sounds echoed through the room as porcelain decorations broke into pieces on the floor.Sweat damped the Emperor's robe as he fought back another throbbing ache around his temples.He need to call her.The only one who can soothe his headache these days,albeit temporarily.He needs to gather all his strength just to call her name.                                                                             

"Jennette!"Another vase crashed as he steadied himself with the table,ignoring the pieces of porcelain that might harm him.                              

"Jennette!!"                                             

Then,a brown-haired woman bursted through the door.She lift her luxurious dress a little to ease her movement to the writhing man as her jewel blue eyes filled with worry.                            

"Father!Are you okay?Does your head hurt again?"Jennette cradled Claude's head carefully as she wondered what she could do to help him.Claude can feel his conciousness fading,no longer able to endure the pounding in his head that has been increasingly severe throughout the years after the wench's execution.                                                                     

As Claude fainted,lightnings thundered continuously outside the palace.The deafening silence of human noises make the princess realised  that she was the only one who can help her father at the moment.All alone except the occasional booms of natural phenomenon outside.Jennette trembled unsurely as she holds Claude close,swirls of black magic around her went unnoticed.As the magic seeped quietly into the Emperor,she whispered to herself, "What should I do?"                                

Along the corridors of the Emerald Palace,two maids are whispering silently among themselves.                                                                   

"Did you hear?Nowadays,His Majesty can't manage his daily life anymore.Much less oversee the empire."                                                   

"That's horrible!Does his sickness escalated again?"                                                                          

"This time is not that.You must promise to not tell anyone."The maid look around her before whispering again to her friend,in a lower voice than before.                                                 

"They said the Emperor has been cursed."          
***                                                                        

The bar is the only establishment opened its door to the customers that night.It is a usual occurrence as it was the only place existed for older people in the small village to mingle together since its founding triple decades ago.

The village is located at the east of Obelian Empire,barely fall under the empire territory and the most unpopular place to visit for tourists.This small,unnoticeable land has become a haven for those who want to leave their past behind them.Those who want to be forgotten and build a new,quiet life for themselves.                                                             

The villagers are close-knitted together.Always looking out for their neighbours despite the village being quite small and their lack of blood connections with each other.                                   
Back to the bar,the place was quite energetic with the noises of its regulars.As its function as a social establishment,the customers offered their company in exchange for satisfying alcohol.Sometimes,for the sake of information trading about the world around them and tonight the bar buzzed with the news from the empire capital city.                                                       

Behind the counter,two teenagers listened quietly to the chatter around them as they wiped the glass and fulfilled the customers' demands.                                                                      

"Did you hear?The Emperor barely managed to settle the problems at the border himself."A man with a scar on his jaw exclaimed.                         

Another man with dark blue hair pushed up his glasses, "It was settled with the help of the Alpheus family,isn't it?Those men with silver hair and golden eyes.The white dogs of the Emperor."                                                        

At another table,two woman gossiped, "The heir of Alpheus is Lord Ezekiel,isn't he?The one who is cousins with the Crown Princess?"      

"Yes,I heard he is now the Prince Consort of Obelia when he married the princess fifteen years ago."                                                                    

In the corner of the bar,a man said to his companion, " The Alpheus was rising up in power,aren't they?With the princess' husband from that family,its likely they will be the one who controls the empire."                                         

His companion hummed as he chugged down his beer, "I bet the nobles are already giving their support to the Alpheus.The royal family has governed with blood on their hands for centuries."                                                                 

A young man at the counter whistled as he observed the bar's regulars, " The air is certainly tense tonight.It looks like we will get interesting news about a new future of the empire next few months.He sipped his drink nonchalantly when he finally noticed the expressions of the two bartenders.He choked on his drink as he nervously wiped his spit.         

"Ah,sorry.You both hate the royal family,aren't you?Arius.Emrys."                                                      

The platinum blonde boy simply smiled with his eyes closed.An identical boy with black hair joined them as he simply wiped a glass.They don't mind the words of the young man.               
The black hair boy said, "It's not like we hate them.It's just...".                                                         

"We have a bone to pick with the royal family of the Obelian Empire." The two synchronised as they sneered.Two pairs of blue jewel eyes stared mockingly at their reflected gazes on the glass.                                                      

***                                                                                    

Author's note:Hello again!This time I make Claude sick much,much later for the sake of the plot.I always thought that Jennette was about 20-ish when the scene Claude being cursed in the manhwa occurred.And we got two from my four new characters introduced this time.I think it was quite obvious who they are.But just    comments below about your thoughts about this chapter.As always just point out any mistakes.I am just graduated high school girl,afterall.Please continue to take care of me~~