The Dead Princess

Until they were thirteen years of age,Arius and Emrys always thought that their mother was just an ordinary woman.Just like Mrs.Keyra,the kind old woman who take cares of their mother during her pregnancy and babysit all their siblings during their toddler years.Just like the chatty Miss Celia,who can talk for hours without letting go the person infront of her.Just an ordinary person you can find anywhere in the world.Someone who leads a normal life,have a family and die in their old age.

It's not until the illusion shattered they realised who their mother was.Or how old their father really was and what he used to be in the past.

When they started to work at the Lavina Bar,they found out there was no one was ordinary in their little village in the small land of Ormskirk.

It was an accident,really.They really didn't mean to snoop around their parents room when both were absent from the house.

Nor they meant to find an old box carefully hidden in the bottom drawer that filled with letters stamped with the Imperial City crest and a worn out picture of a blonde timid girl and a chestnut-haired young woman with a puzzling description behind it written in Mrs. Glemt handwriting.

Princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia,aged 16 and her beloved nanny,Lilian York.

While both of them were just 13 then,a lot of people including their parents stated that the twins are already matured beyond their age and experience,thanks to their early education.And both of them immediately understood that the picture look very,very wrong.

Despite described as a princess,the blonde girl that has an uncanny resemblance to their mother wore an old gown.Worn out and filled with subtle stitches all over.Her smile was strained,as if she squeezed out all of her joy to stretch her face.Her blue jewel eyes were dull.Despair and anguish clouded her gaze.

A far cry from their mother's shining and clear blue jewel eyes.Full of freedom and delight.

The young woman besides the princess has a beautiful pair of clear blue eyes.Her gentle  hand around the younger girl's shoulder speak volumes of deep affections for her.Her thin pink lips stretched into a motherly smile.By the name behind the picture,this woman is Lilian York.

The letters underneath the picture was neatly arranged the oldest from the bottom to top.All of the letters was mailed to the main post office at the centre of the village.None of them was mailed directly to their home.Each letter was signed with the initial L.Y. at the bottom.

The latest letter dated a few months after they were born with the sender wishing the best of health to their mother.

There were marks of water all over the letter.As if the sender knew that it will be the last contact they have to their mother.

When their parents caught them red-handed while absorbed in reading the letters,little did they know that there was no more going back for all of them.

Their mother's face visibly turned pale when they questioned the picture and letters.Her usual cheery demeanour was gone.They can see how her body was slightly trembling when she struggled to give them an answer.

It was not until their father stepped in that she slightly managed to calm herself down.

Lucas sternly gazed to his older children. "Listen carefully,boys.I will answer all of your questions but understand that the story that I will tell cannot leave this room.Ever."Lucas warned while firmly gripping their shoulders.Their mother was seated on the bed,not daring to look at their faces.

Little did they know that the story will change their view on their parents,the empire and the world forever.Now,they will see the dark past that was crucially hidden in the strained smile of the blonde girl in the picture.