Special Part:Birthday

She was born as Athanasia de Alger Obelia.A princess of the mighty Obelian Empire.The sole heir to the crown who had ruled the vast land for centuries.The only daughter of the reigning Emperor,Claude de Alger Obelia.Alot of people would think that she will live with a golden spoon in her mouth,servants all waiting on her hands and feet,the most extravagant feast on her plate,clothes from the softest silk and the most excellent teachers in the world for her education.A perfect environment rightful for the only princess of the empire,cared for and raised with love by the Emperor himself.

That reality is just a fleeting dream for the princess with the immortal name fit for a king.

She was raised with the most basic utensils,the servants mostly ignored her(some abused her whenever Lily is not there),her meals can be easily found in a commoner's home,her dresses probably just hand-me-downs from the kind servants' children and the princess needs to walk to the royal library to study.She was neglected,abandoned by her own father in the palace fit for concubines.Never loved and cared by her only parent in the world.

Thus,it was not a surprise that Princess Athanasia has no special memories regarding her birthdays.

Every year on the day of her birth,her time mostly spent with Lily and some closest maids,mainly Hannah and Ces.They would made a birthday cake and celebrated with her in an hour before she returned back to her books. When the night comes,Lily always repeat the same lines on her birthday before tucking her to bed.

"Princess.You are a precious gift not only to me,but to everyone in Obelia.To all of us,you are someone very precious and special.Thank you for being here."

"Thank you for being by my side too,Lily."

Her birthday became more exciting after she and Lucas met when she encountered him waking up while chasing Blackie in the garden.After her seventh birthday,the magician never failed to visit her in her room in the night.Allowing her to wish anything from him that day.

(Lily was suspicious of Lucas at first but seeing how happy the princess is when accompanied by her only friend,she had learned to trust the warlock to take care of her ward.)

On the night of her ninth birthday,she watched fascinated at the man with golden hair and the same blue jewel eyes from between the bushes in the Garnet Palace's garden.She immediately recognised him.Her father.She never felt more alive when she locked eyes with her parent for the first time.

The man glanced at her for a second before turning away,completely uninterested.From that day,she determined to catch his attention.
Her life finally focused with a goal and she immersed herself in books.Every topic in the library was mastered,her knowledge could easily hailed as the empire's prodigy.
Social,economics,history,science,maths and everything.Even politics.

She practiced her dance with Lucas as her partner until her feet ached and strained.Not satisfied until she get all the moves right,much to her partner's disdain.Hoping desperately for her father to notice her efforts to be the rightful princess to the empire.To be acknowledged as his daughter.

On her birthdays until her 14th year,she hoped that Claude would suddenly visit her at the Ruby Palace.Foolishly waiting for him to remember her,for their first meeting in the Emperor's garden to affect him as much it affected her.Lucas would loyally stay by her side despite the complaints he spouted at her hopeless longing.

(He never came.)

Her dreams was shattered to pieces when she turned 14.

It was supposed to be her special day.Her debutante.Her chance to present herself formally to the Emperor for the first time.Her chance to reduce the gap between her and her father.