The Unwanted Royal Summon

The day started as normal as it can be.

The sun has just rise from the horizon when Athanasia or her current name now,Athy,wake up with the sight of her husband still sleeping soundly besides her.Lucas has his arms around her middle,snuggling for warmth due to the previous chilly night.She blearily searched for the clock on their nightstand.It's almost seven in the morning.The children will wake up soon.

As she attempted to exit the bed,a hand pushed her back onto the bed.Lucas's hand tighten around her waist.He buried his face into her hair and moaned softly,finding the scent of strawberry from her shampoo utterly addicting.Athanasia felt blush creeping to her face when his other hand started to roam shamelessly across her body.Straightening her resolve,the woman elbowed her husband's side.Hard.

"Seriously,woman.One of these days you'll break my ribs,"groaned Lucas as he rub his sides,now fully awake.He is confident that his side was bruised,absentmindedly healed it with magic.His wife simply smiled brightly at him,finally able to escape from his hold and exiting the bed in no time. "If I let you continue,the children will starve until noon.Emrys will try to cook again and I don't want to see our kitchen burst into flames.It was   bad enough after last time."

She kissed Lucas's cheek as their usual morning routine before heading to the kitchen,leaving her husband alone to his devices.Lucas lay on the bed for a while,contemplating whether he should continue his sleep or join his wife.A moment later,he left the bed and simply arranged the pillows and used blanket effortlessly with magic.He should bother her at the kitchen for bruising his body earlier.

When the clock strikes eight,Arius and Emrys entered the kitchen with the latter coming in with a bed head.As they sat down on their respective chairs at the dining table,Attheia and Eva emerged from their rooms.Both of them obviously still half asleep.

Fifteen minutes later,everyone enjoyed their breakfast heartily,which consisted of eggs benedict and smoked sausages.Athanasia is satisfied when her children finished their breakfast(save for some vegetables for the girls),her culinary skills has improved much better than her first time stepping into the kitchen years ago.Both parents and the older boys sipped their coffees slowly while the girls chugged down their warm milk.

Lucas works as an unofficial wizard at the center spot of their village,more like an assistant wizard actually.It was quite a blow to his pride,as he was the Magician of the Black Tower,serving at the capital city of the empire for years before his long slumber.Well,it was a necessary sacrifice to lay low and keep his new family safe.

It doesn't mean he pull his punches when he was at home,though.

Arius and Emrys usually start their working hours from four in the evening till ten in the night.During the weekends,they mostly stick around in the bar helping until midnight as more customers mean more workers are needed.The pay is quite big,so they don't complain much.

In the morning,they help Athanasia with the chores around the house.Doing ordinary things a country boy should do.Collecting firewood in the nearby forest,hunting for some game for dinner or simply babysitting and teaching their two twin sisters.When Lucas at work,their mother encouraged them to not simply rely on magic and learn to do everything by themselves.Magic can easily fix everything in their life but Athanasia was concerned that relying too much on magic will make her children have no interest in many possibilities life can offer to them.

The children obliged and thus,taking on hobbies that can relate to their personalities.Arius has an interest in horse riding,often spending his free time at their neighbour's house.A man in his middle forties who has a similar interest and owned several horses at his wide backyard.Sometimes,his younger siblings tugged along with him.Emrys,on the other hand,has taken a liking to swords.Often training and sparring with Lucas and Arius outside.Attheia and Eva shared similar interest in embroidery and cooking.Both of them can be seen spending quality time with their mother practicing both of them.