The Cursed Emperor

Claude stared at the fidgeting young teenager who is sitting with no care infront of him.The boy has faint similarities in facial features to him.If not for his bold red eyes,he might passed for Claude's son or grandson.The Emperor dismissed the thought as soon as it came.The only descendants he will accept as his own will come only from Jennette.It will be impossible otherwise as he only have one living child at the moment.

Another thing that intrigued Claude is the fact that the young wizard seems to not be intimidated by his presence at all.The teenager might have a subtle air of awkwardness around him but the Emperor detected no sense of fear or anxiety coming from the much younger blonde.Simply the atmosphere of unfamiliarity of seeing a stranger lingered around the young magician who claimed to be the one who healed him when even the royal magician can't determined the cause of his ailing health.

Even the highest noble in court sometimes has the trouble to meet him in the eye.

On Claude's left,Jennette smiled brightly at Arius.She was quite satisfied to be able to introduce the talented magician to her father during the private evening tea party she hosted at the Emerald Palace's garden.The princess is very grateful for the young warlock's help in restoring Claude's health.

Thus,she now can breath easily and no longer worry about the messy affairs at the court as Claude clearly able to continue his royal duties again.

Arius is about to fidget in his seat again at the Emperor's stare if not for Jennette's interference.The silence is beginning to shake his nerves and the fact he is not someone who can start a conversation is not helping at all.

"Father,as I told you before,this is Sir Arius Glemt.He is the only one out of many magicians who came to the capital who passed the test provided by the magicians from the Black Tower and helped you regained your health the other day,"stated Jennette as she gazed warmly between the two blondes.

Claude narrowed his eyes at the teenager before sighing.As much he can't believe a mere kid surpassed the elite royal magicians and be the only one who can heal him,Jennette never lied to him so far. "I see.Your hard work will be properly compensated,young warlock.Of course,only after we confirmed that I am properly healed,"stated Claude stoically as he glared at the blonde magician.

Arius restrained from pulling a smirk at the statement while Jennette was concerned that the boy will be offended at her father's harsh remark.Rather than being offended,Arius felt his confidence soared as his awkwardness dissolved into nothing.The Emperor's icy glare invoked his mischievous side to tease the older man even more rather than his heavy silence.

Pulling the saddest face he can mustered,Arius replied, "As unfortunate as it can be,Your Majesty,I'm afraid that you are not fully healed as l'm merely a magician-in-training."

Jennette gasped at the horrible news. "What do you mean that my father is not fully healed?"questioned the princess as she glanced at the frowning emperor.

The teenager returned back to his casual pose,leaning slightly against the chair. "When I was healing your body,Your Majesty,I found out the source of your bad health is not from natural causes.It was a curse.A very complicated one,"answered Arius leisurely.Not a hint of worry evidenced on his handsome face.

"A curse?Can you just break it,Sir Glemt?Considering how powerful you are?,"pressed Jennette as she gazed anxiously at the youth.

"It was not as easy as it seems,Your Highness.It is generally known that curses only can come from black magic.And black magic has very complicated ways just to unravel it,much more so if it stuck on a human being,"replied Arius as he bit into a chocolate cookie from the table.Delicious.