The Forgotten Family

Arius and Emrys walked silently to their house,located on top of the hill not far from the center of the village.On their way home,they can see the lights of other villagers' houses.These weekend nights are livelier than ever that it only ten in the evening.The happy giggles of children and friendly chatter between family members occupied their quiet walk home.The boys relished in the noise,finding it comforting as they are used to it since the moment they were born.                        

A few minutes later,a modest cottage enter their line of sight.The front yard is quite big as the distance between each houses in the village are barely small.Bushes of roses lined up a small garden with a huge oak tree planted at the right side of the house.A wooden table and six chairs neatly situated under the shade of the tree in the day.On the other side of the tree,a medium-sized swing was tied to a sturdy branch.These images made up the front of their family home.The Glemt Family.                      

The blonde and raven-haired boys strolled through the paved stone paths,fatigue settling down as they arrived at their home.As they opened the door and set their feet inside,two bodies crashed towards them.A raven-haired and a blonde,respectively.

"Brother!"

"Welcome home,brother!"

Arius and Emrys patted their heads affectionately. "We're back."

"Boys,you both must be tired.Go ahead and wash up.I will warm up your dinner."A blonde woman with blue jewel eyes smiled warmly at them before heading to the kitchen.A black-haired man with red eyes mischievously kissed the woman's cheek as he make his way to the living room,a lovely shade of red appeared on her face.

***

As her boys retreat to their rooms,Athanasia hummed to herself as she heat up her children's food on the stove.Its been almost 20 years since her escape from her execution with Lucas but it has been the most peaceful time in her life.She never found her peace between the expensive walls of the imperial city but instead she found it in the modest countryside,away from all those snobbish nobles who look down on her as the outcast princess and the hateful glare of the Emperor.

It was hard at first,adjusting herself living outside the palace but Lucas has been very patient and loving to her,making her relieved with his presence by her side.Comforting her when she missed her adoring Lily,who had been her mother in everything but blood.Calming her gently when she accidentally incited a fire in their new home.

Those little acts of consideration from him and their long years of friendship that made her immediately accept his proposal a few months after their escape.A year later,she gave birth to their first twins and Lucas has been by her side at every moment as caring for two infants was not an easy feat.The fact that it was their first experience as parents did not help but Lucas was always there and will always be for her.He made her to fall deeper for him and she knew that if Lucas ever betrayed her,she cannot heal from her wounds anymore till her death.

Thus,she and Lucas adopted the Glemt last name that meant 'forgotten' in the native language of the land they reside in and casted away the 'de Alger Obelia',feeling nothing as she wrote her new name on the day of her wedding.Athy Glemt and Lucas Glemt written beautifully side by side on the white parchment.

Their first children,Arius and Emrys came as a suprise to them.There are no recorded twins in the royal family's history as far as she knows and she was very delighted when the news was delivered.Lucas not so much.He complained that the children will take away her attention from him,much to her amusement.After she assured him that he will always be the first in her heart no matter how much children they will have,Lucas finally come to terms with the fact he'll be a father of twins in the next nine months.

It was a hard pregnancy for both of them.She barely able to leave the bed for six months and Lucas always had to come early from his work as the unofficial wizard of the village to take care of her.Her severe morning sickness did not help.Both of them are very grateful to their friendly and helpful neighbours who helped her when Lucas was away at work, especially to a kind middle-aged woman who take cares of her throughout the pregnancy and served as the midwife during her labour.

The labour exceeded any physical pain she ever experienced but it helped her received one of the most meaningful gifts in her life.She remembered the moment her boys were born as if it just happened yesterday.The second she heard the first cries of her babies,she can't hold back her tears anymore.Lucas was beside her,kissing her forehead and whispering his thanks for giving birth to their offsprings,his own eyes teary.

She held her babies that day and finally felt the feeling of having a family that she did not receive for the first 18 years of her life.

The boys were born identical except for their hair.Arius has inherited her platinum blonde hair,exactly the same shade as hers and his late grandmother.Emrys,on the other hand,has Lucas' jet black hair.Both of them has blue jewel eyes,the same as her and him.Thankfully,their eyes are the exact shade as hers.A pair of dark blue eyes that mimicked the deep blue of sea.That man,however,has a lighter shade of blue.The same as a clear sky.

They were a happy family of four until the boys reached their seventh birthday.After her first pregnancy,she and Lucas agreed that it was too early for them to have more children as the boys need constant care as they were as mischievous as their father had been.As they grow older,they become more responsible and mature much to their relief.So,they welcomed her second pregnancy enthusiastically and much later,two cute girls were welcomed to the world.

Attheia and Eva Glemt.Atheia was born four minutes earlier with her black hair while Eva inherited her platinum blonde mane.Both of them have a pair of red jewel eyes that sparkle like rubies under the sun.As the two girls grow older,Attheia's hair is straight while Eva's hair grow out to be wavy as her mother's hair.

Lucas and the boys simply adored the girls.Spoiling them rotten with sweets and desserts .However,there were times they sternly chastised the girls for their antics and the pair of the youngest of the family listened obediently to their father and big brothers.At the end of the day,they will always be a happy family again.

The only thing she regretted the most is how similar the facial structure of her boys and him shared.Whenever her boys are in a bad mood,she can see the resemblance on their cold eyes and empty faces.She has shared her uneasiness with Lucas but he calmly disagreed with her.The boys were not him because they are raised by her,one of the kindest soul he ever met in his long life.

Then,she realised that her husband has been right.He never smiled as brightly as Arius has when he received his presents during birthdays and Christmas.He never laughed as joyfully as Emrys when he successfully pranked and teased someone.And no matter how much he adored Jennette,he will never showcased his affections as her boys openly hugged their parents and sisters in public.Her boys will never be him and suddenly she can breathe easily again.

Truthfully,all this miracles that come later in her life felt like a payment for all her misery in her early life.And she has no intention to look back at her past anymore now that she has a much brighter future to look forward.

***

Author's note:This is a long chapter(in my opinion) to pay for a few days of no updates.As their last name indicates,Glemt means forgotten in Danish(if I searched correctly).And if you noticed,all of Lucathy's babies mean immortality.
Arius=from Greek in 'immortal'
Emrys=Welsh form of 'Ambrose',also means immortal
Attheia=if I'm not mistaken,this is the name of Lucathy's daughter in the novel which I think Plutus means it to be 'immortal',of course.
Eva=means 'life' in Hebrew,which in my opinion also means immortal in some sense.
The picture above is how I imagined their home to look like.All those greenery and cosy environment is the best.

As always,any good criticism are accepted.I also thank all of you who take your time to read this book and to those who voted,I LOVE YOU!Please continue to support and energised me to fasten my updates😘.