Their First Encounter

Arius bowed respectfully as he greeted the royals infront of him, "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire.I greet Her Royal Highness,Princess Jennette de Alger Obelia and His Royal Highness,Prince Consort Ezekiel Alpheus.I am a humble servant of the empire,Arius Glemt."

Jennette smiled warmly at the teenager, "Please raise your head,Sir Glemt."

When the blonde raised his head,Jennette let out a startled gasp while Ezekiel widen his golden eyes in shock.The wizard infront of them almost looks like a younger version of the Emperor himself if not for his different shade of blonde and intense red eyes staring confusedly at their reactions.

"Is there something wrong,Your Highness?", questioned Arius while giving a wide smile. That expression quickly released the two royals from their shock.Claude never ever openly smile like that even if he was in Jennette's presence.Suddenly the blonde teenager doesn't look quite the same like the cold Emperor anymore.

Meanwhile,Arius is trying so hard to contain his amusement and laughter at their flabbergasted faces.He knows full well what thoughts are running in the couple's minds right now.It was written all over their faces.

Ezekiel coughed warily as he recomposed himself. "Please pardon our rudeness,sir magician.It just that your face reminds us of someone we both familiar with."

Arius simply nodded in understanding,casually feigning innocence. "Ah,I understand.My face is probably one of the most common faces in the empire."

Jennette visibly gives a strained smile at the young man.The face she imagined in her mind is simply not ordinary but she will keep the wizard in the dark.Or so she thought. "I'm sorry for greeting you so early but I simply can't wait to meet the person who will heal my father.Please allow us to escort you to the Emperor's palace."

"It will be my utmost honour,Your Highness.I will try my best to not let you down,"promised Arius casually.His words finally relaxed the princess and she smiled gratefully at him before she accepted Ezekiel's hand with a shy look on her face.

Behind them,Arius made a face and gagged dramatically at the blatant display of affections.

They made their way to Garnet Palace as guards and maids bowing to the two royals as they passed by.Curious glances by the passing by servants was hard to ignore for Arius so he simply gives a blinding smile whenever he locked eyes with them.The maids hurriedly tear their gazes away,their faces flushing sweetly at the handsome face while the guards stood still dumbfounded,not knowing how to decipher the enigmatic smile.

As they finally arrived at the main palace and walk through its corridor,Arius glanced curiously at his surroundings.Expensive trinkets decorated the purple walls and luxurious paintings hang majestically in its interior. However,he was quite unimpressed actually.

The atmosphere around the Emperor's personal residence is cold and gloomy.It almost felt like he was walking through a haunted house.There are no guards or maids running along its halls like other palaces.He definitely prefers his humble family cottage at the countryside than this.

Nothing beats the warm atmosphere of a home,filled with the knowledge that everyone you ever loved was there-living in the same building despite how small it was compared to this palace.

If anyone would ask him,Garnet Palace simply felt like a luxurious house.An insignificant building that would be easily forgotten if not for its long history of housing the emperors of the empire.

Arius was so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn't notice that the two royals ahead of him have stopped infront of a huge golden door.He raised his eyebrow at the lack of guards before sensing several dangerous protection spells around the area.